1 (edited by sltpnts 2020-05-07 23:10:18)

Topic: Fireface 400 on 2018 Macbook Pro (Mojave)

Longtime user of FF400 and 800. Had been using on my 2013 MBP on Catalina, but needed to switch laptops.

Updated drivers and firmware to current. Have levels coming out Software outputs, Hardware outputs in TotalMix, but not coming out the device itself. Same when I switch channels for different output or routing scheme to make sure hardware isn't damaged etc.

Running TB3 to 2 adapter to a TB2 to Firewire 800 to 400 cable from front left side port on Macbook Pro.

Software outputs are registering signal just fine as are Hardware outputs. Submit is set correctly and routing to the correct places in the matrix as well.

No input registering either. When plugging mic in, no SIG or CLIP. 48V phantom engaged for the condenser, still not working. Also tried with SM57, no signal either.

The device, as set up, still works on the old laptop, but I cannot figure out for the life of me what is going on with the newer laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Fireface 400 on 2018 Macbook Pro (Mojave)

Is the FF400 connected to external power?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yes it is.

Hi everyone -

I have a similar setup: Macbook 2018 (10.13 Mojave) and Fireface 400 (plugged into power point / external).

I have this adapter setup:
Thunderbolt 2 > Firewire 800 (Mac adapter)
Firewire 800 > Firewire 400 (Mac adapter cable).

The sound card is recognised and runs stable but I am getting this horrible buzzing on the outputs ...

It seems to come from the thunderbolt connection (meaning it stops once unplugged). I tried di-boxes to cut off ground etc with no much effect ...

Any suggestions how this may could be fixed? I really love my fireface 400 and am I proud legacy hardware owner smile

All the best,jan