Topic: Digicheck NG for macOS X - preview v0.77 available
Digicheck Next Generation is now available as preview for download. Please note:
- uses Metal hardware-accelerated graphic routines, therefore usually requires macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or up. It has been written and tested mostly under macOS 10.14 (Mojave) and 10.15 (Catalina).
- currently no installer. Unzip and drag Digicheck NG into your Application folder.
What is Digicheck NG? It is not a ported version of the former DIGICheck. It is fully rewritten and newly designed from the ground up. Of course you get the same measurement functions as before, but many things have changed, and we think for the better. For example DC NG is now fully scalable, in all functions. It uses an extremely flexible window that can hold up to four instruments in freely adjustable sizes. And of course you can have multiple of these flexible windows open and configure them in extreme freedom, to finally store everything as your personal Workspace.
The Settings of each instrument are similar to the former DC, with some nice extensions (like Phosphorescence in the Analyzer). Appearance is set individually for every instrument, and the Input Selection dialog has extended mouse support and additional buttons for the most easy setup of multichannel interfaces. Of course Dark mode is supported as well.
Point is: check all menu entries, use the right mouse button, and no manual should be necessary to manage Digicheck NG successfully.
- reconfiguring DC NG sometimes makes the app stop for about 5 seconds (beachball) - will be fixed
- horizontal level meters are currently missing - will be added
- minimum window width can be too large for the 2 and 4 bar level meter - will be changed
If you find missing functions or incompatibilities we are happy about any feedback, as well as comments about this new version!