1 (edited by trevorj800 2020-05-19 17:43:45)

Topic: Macbook pro 2012 Intel i7 won't recognize babyface.

I followed the directions, clicked allow in system preferences. Installed and reinstalled drivers twice. Please advise.

Re: Macbook pro 2012 Intel i7 won't recognize babyface.

I managed to get the flash tool to appear after third reinstall. I ran it and got the error 800000000/3

The read me said something about trying to update on another computer if it fails. I ran the flash tool on PC. It also would not display.

It appears I can't install this on Windows 10 either.

Is the unit in Class Compliant mode? From the manual:

In case the level meters of the Babyface run up during power-on, and Settings dialog and TotalMix FX refuse to start: the unit is in Class Compliance mode. Remove the USB cable, hold Select and Recall button down, plug-in the USB cable. This procedure changes between the CC and normal mode. When the Level meters don’t run up during power-on the normal mode is active.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by trevorj800 2020-05-23 12:03:49)

This is going to take a few days to sort out. Thanks for your patience. My understanding is the CC mode is indicated by two red lights at the bottom of the right output meters. They were not on, though I remember toggling them on and off....

I think I may have another issue. I am currently running Catalina. Is that going to be an issue with the latest drivers? I need 8 GB to update my OS, and because of bandwidth issues, that's a problem that has been holding me up. (I live in a place where 8GB's of bandwidth is VERY hard to negotiate).

Besides the CC issue, is there anything that might be preventing me? I am very surprised that I cannot even open a Total Mix window.

I am having a similar problem
I migrated computers on a mid 2012 macbook pro and am using Catalina 10.15.7
Everything else on my computer is working but my computer won't recognizes babyface pro and won't start the total mix fx
helpppp

rme.to/mace

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME