Topic: ARC USB crashing TotalMix since upgrade to Mac OS X 10.13.6

Authorized UFX+ on updating Mac OS and all appears to be working perfectly except for ARC USB crashing Total Mix when recalling snapshots from ARC. Snapshot recall via desk top functions but crashes via ARC USB. Attempted to flash ARC from 6 -7. Receiving a sum check aborted prompt though flash rev now says 7. ARC USB functions correctly on 1 previously stored workspace but not others. When the functioning workspace is altered and stored as a new workspace, subsequent loading and use of programmed snapshots immediately crashes Mix. What next?

Nyah2018
2021 M1 Max 14.1.1, 2015 13" MacBook Pro, Intel i7,
UFX+, Multiface, ARC USB, Logic, GP

Re: ARC USB crashing TotalMix since upgrade to Mac OS X 10.13.6

I would try to flash update again, use a different USB cable & port if possible.

When the crash happens, is the ARC USB connected direct to the rear panel of the UFX+ or to the Mac?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks, I'll try that again. ARC is connected directly to UFX+ during crash.

Nyah2018

ARC successfully flashed but TM still crashes every time a programmed ARC button is pressed. Reopened crashed TM under either option (TM Settings or Device settings), ARC functions perfectly. However, saving and reloading that or any previously stored workspace immediately crashes TM when an ARC programmed button is pressed.

Nyah2018

Is that crash also happening when you start from scratch, making new snaphots in a new workspace?

If the new one isn't crashing then please send the crashing workspace for examination to me, or upload it somewhere.

And which version of TM FX is this?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Total Mix FX ver 1.65 MAC OS X

New workspace crashes when saved and reloaded. All saved workspaces crash when loaded and ARC command initiated. However reopening crashed TM under either option (TM Settings or Device settings), ARC functions perfectly.

Here's a crashing workspace: ANNIES.tmws

Thanks!

Mid 2010 MacBook Pro
OS 10.13.6
UFX+, Fireface 800, Multiface, ARC USB v7

Nyah2018

Nyah2018 wrote:

Total Mix FX ver 1.65 MAC OS X

Here's a crashing workspace: ANNIES.tmws

This didn't work ...
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … rum-EN-DE/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks for sending the workspace. I can load and use that workspace (btw, really nice setup!). I can load all 6 Snapshots, no crash. ARC USB is connected to the UFX+. Driver is USB 3.19 with TM FX 1.65. UFX+ is on current firmware 105_44_51, but older ones should work the same.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks, Matthias! That workspace is for live onstage FOH & Monitor mixes. RME products are awesome and ARC is extremely handy for live performance! As earlier stated TM immediately crashes after ARC snapshot command on initial workspace load, since OS X 10.13.6 upgrade. Computer cursor snapshot change in TM, no problem. If workspace is saved to UFX+ before crash, and reopened choosing "device setting" after crash, then ARC functions perfectly after reopening...until different workspace needs to be loaded. BTW using USB 2 and V51.

Guess next step is a a clean reinstall of TM and associated drivers. I'll let you know.

Thank you for your attention!

Nyah 2018

Mid 2010 MacBook Pro
OS 10.13.6
UFX+, Fireface 800, Multiface, ARC USB v7, Logic Pro

Nyah2018

10 (edited by Nyah2018 2020-05-30 11:49:35)

I was greeted by fantastic news in an RME email, this morning. And I just wish to publicly extend a thank-you to Matthias and his programmer for their diligent attention in resolving my TM crash issue. On sending them the crash report, they were able to duplicate and fix the issue. TM is now working perfectly...and I get to return the ARC USB that's already on it's way from Sweetwater!

I'm now an even greater fan of RME.

Thank you, everyone, for your helpful suggestions.

Nyah 2018
Mid 2010 MacBook Pro
OS 10.13.6
UFX+, Fireface 800, Multiface, ARC USB v7, Logic Pro

Nyah2018

Following the last May 2020 post, may I ask what was the issue found and fixed? I experience similar problems and want to rule out possible mistakes / try available solutions. Thanks!

MADIface(s) Pro, UFX+, MADI Router
Mac mini Intel, iPad Air 2020
ProTools, Hindenburg

hardyroede - After sending a requested Mac crash report, I received the following email message from Mathias "thanks to your crash report we were able to find the issue and then even to reproduce it. This version of TotalMix should fix it. Please try."

There was no further explanation and I haven't experienced any other issues. Thanks!

Nyah2018

@hardyroede: Download the latest 1.66 from the TM FX forum and you are good to go.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks @MC, works fine so far!

MADIface(s) Pro, UFX+, MADI Router
Mac mini Intel, iPad Air 2020
ProTools, Hindenburg