Topic: System Requirements

Hi

I'm interested in buying the ADI-2 DAC FS and have a query I hope you can help with.

In the manual it says that the system requirements are "computer with at least i3 Core CPU". I have a Mac Mini (2009 model) with a Core 2 Duo CPU, so I'm wondering if this will be compatible.

Thanks in advance.

2 (edited by Basken 2020-05-27 19:46:53)

Re: System Requirements

You should be fine cpu-wise, assuming you're just listening to music, but what *might* present a problem is your OSX version. Which version of OSX are you currently running?

Rune Borup @ FishCorp
Producer / Engineer / Composer
RayDAT > 2 x ADI-8 QS | AES+SPDIF > ADI-2 Pro

Thanks for your reply Basken.

It’s running El Capitan, 10.11.6. It’s the most recent that can be installed on this Mac Mini.

I'm not familiar with Apple but if your machine has some sort of digital out (coax or toslink aka optical) than you'll be fine, you won't even need to install drivers, just plug and play.

Sebastian.Athea wrote:

I'm not familiar with Apple but if your machine has some sort of digital out (coax or toslink aka optical) than you'll be fine, you won't even need to install drivers, just plug and play.

Thanks Sebastian. I thought the same but I may need to use the USB port with the Mac Mini because I have another device that also uses an optical connection.

upthepath wrote:
Sebastian.Athea wrote:

Thanks Sebastian. I thought the same but I may need to use the USB port with the Mac Mini because I have another device that also uses an optical connection.

If that's the case you can use active (powered) toslink splitter https://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Audio- … SwkA5eeNuU  or active toslink switch with multiple outputs.

Sebastian.Athea wrote:
upthepath wrote:
Sebastian.Athea wrote:

If that's the case you can use active (powered) toslink splitter https://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Audio- … SwkA5eeNuU  or active toslink switch with multiple outputs.

Ah great. That’s good to know. Thanks.