Topic: No FX - and no activity on FX out

I've tried my best to get my head around Totalmix but I just can't figure this one out....

It also took me a while to realise that the 'headings' for the mixer categories are at the bottom of the sections, not the top, with no obvious GUI/colour logic. It makes it look like the headings represent the controls below them, not above...

Anyway - if I turn up all the FX sends and returns and switch on reverb and echo, I see activity in the 'FX IN' meter, but not the 'FX out'. Any ideas why?

The best I can find via google is that maybe I need to give microphone permissions to Totalmix in my mac settings, but no such permission is requested, and I've tried reinstalling the latest drivers a few times now with no new request for those permissions.

Not sure what the issue is...

Re: No FX - and no activity on FX out

Which interface is this? Is TM FX in that list of microphone apps?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Babyface Pro. Sorry - that probably would have been a useful thing to mention! There's nothing related to the device or totalmix in the list of microphone access permissions. Just stuff like zoom, logic, OBS etc

Is that the latest driver with TM FX 1.65? Did you try to change the sample rate and unplug/replug the USB cable?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by rjwilx 2020-05-27 17:08:55)

Yes- latest firmware, software etc. Tried totally reinstalling everything and resetting global microphone preferences. Still nothing.

Quick update - after many wasted hours, I FINALLY managed to delete the two kext files, one in /library/extensions and the other in 'stagedextensions', and do a clean install.

No permission request for RME during the installer. No permission request for microphone when activating FX in totalmix. Still no closer to fixing the issue.

Aple stores known drivers in the PRAM, therefore even an OS reinstall won't change anything. After deleting the files you could try a PRAM reset...maybe that helps...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I've reset PRAM, reinstalled Catalina, manually deleted kext files through terminal etc and still no request for permissions. Apple are stumped so far. Works fine on my macbook, but that's brand new and never had any RME software or hardware before last week, so maybe that's a clue...