Topic: Octamic XTC: AES/EBU and SPDIF input

I need to feed the Octamic XTC with digital SPDIF signals. From the user manual it is not clear to me whether the XTC has restrictions for SPDIF input (the manual only mentions that topic for the XTC being the sender); does the Octamic XTC accept both pro and consumer SPDIF input streams? And whatabout copy permission bits, does it block on certain types?

And since apparently AES/EBU can be used for digital or analogue signals, how is that distinguished by XTC, electronically on signal level? At least I don't see any XTC setting to switch AES/EBU between analogue and digital.

Re: Octamic XTC: AES/EBU and SPDIF input

This should work just fine - there is no difference as far as audio signal content or level is concerned.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Ok, and what about AES/EBU analogue vs. digital? Does the XTC auto detect analogue vs. digital input on electrical level? And if it does, is that a global distinguishment for all AES/EBU inputs or even rather auto detected for each AES/EBU input individually?

In other words: can I use some AES/EBU inputs for analogue signals and other AES/EBU inputs for digital signals simultaniously?

There is no such thing as AES/EBU analog....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME