Topic: On Windows 7 UFX driver doesn't like the firmware

Hello,

Well, at first try when I powered the UFX it said the firmware was not right.

I have the latest firmware but at the time I updated the firmware I was on a Win 10 PC.

At the moment I have some problems with that built so in order to get by I have this computer which doesn't work with Win 10 (or 8 at that matter)

That is why I am on Windows 7 for the moment.

The second time I tried to install the (latest) driver it had a different message:

The installation is fine. It says: "RME Fireface is ready to use."

But as soon as I turn the device on it says:

"One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it."

I don't know what to do, need help.

Thank you

Re: On Windows 7 UFX driver doesn't like the firmware

To what USB port did you connect the UFX ? Does it come from chipset or 3rd party ?
Pls try all USB ports.
What Mainboard pls ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

That message means that you have too many USB devices on the same USB port. Check all this as described in the UFX manual, chapter USB.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

This one is Asus P5KC.

RME hooked in the first USB port. The one that used for flushing Bios. I also have Mouse & Keyboard hooked into motherboard USB ports.

A friend from support said that "class compliant mode" might be on! So I assumed it shouldn't be.
So I looked up to the manual as suggested to see what is this mode is all about.

This I found which made me more confused:

"Class Compliant mode describes a standard that is natively supported by operating systems like Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. No proprietary drivers are required, the device will be directly recognized when the CC firmware is loaded."

So what's wrong in this picture?

Well, I need to figure out hoe to see which mode the unit is operating in and then figure out if changing the mode let say to the driver mode? I have no idea what I am talking about but maybe I replace my GPU card and go back to the comfort of my original WS...

5 (edited by ramses 2020-07-23 06:21:43)

For Windows deactivate CC-mode on the unit.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

UPDATE

So I just changed the the USB port. Because I realized I selected the wrong port.

So now it's installed as it suppose to be. Recognized, selected and everything, yet I get no audio. PC looks like it sends the signal as I watching but @ RME, there are no signals coming in...

The CC thing is something I will try but I am confused as the manual states another argument...

I suppose wouldn't hurt to try...

Thak you everybody...

Ok. So I finally figure out which mode I am in. Apparently I am NOT in CC mode.
As the "RME Fireface UFX" is shown in the device manager.

So at this point I am in your mercy...