1 (edited by Jim998 2020-07-22 23:55:22)

Topic: Fireface 800 outboard effects routing question

Hi, I've recently switched back to an RME FF 800, after previously Hammerfall card around 20 years ago. I have a small home studio setup, and am using the FF800 as an audio interface, and have replaced my old analogue mixer with it. I have a few synthesisers and samplers directly connected to the analogue and digital inputs.

Is there a way I can configure sends to my outboard Lexicon effects unit in Totalmix FX or in my DAW? I use Adobe Audition for multitrack recording, but primarily like to work outside of the computer using hardware sequencer with my Midi gear.

Apologies for the rookie question, still getting my head around Totalmix FX. If a previous topic covers this again apologies.

Thanks
Jim

Re: Fireface 800 outboard effects routing question

Hello!

Is there a way I can configure sends to my outboard Lexicon effects unit in Totalmix FX or in my DAW?

Yes, there is!
What you need to do is:
Connect a couple of outputs to your Lexicon Inputs(I suppose it's a stereo effect unit), let's say Output 3 and 4
Then connect the Lexicon's Outputs to a couple of Inputs, let's say Inputs 3 and 4 in the FF800.

Now in order to apply the Lexicon's effect to where you need it:

1. Select your Main Output(third row in TotalMix FX) by clicking on it
2. Raise the faders corresponding to where you have the Lexicon's Outputs connected to(An3/4 in this example), to "0", in the Inputs section of TotalMix FX(First row)
3. Now, in the third row, select the Outputs where you have the Lexicon Inputs connected to(An/3/4 in this example)
4. With these outputs selected, go to the first row and raise the faders of the Inputs you have your synths connected and you want the Lexicon to be applied to!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

Just got around to testing today, this works a treat, thank you!

You are welcome!!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632