Topic: What to expect from the new UCX

I'm Japanese so please forgive my poor English.

I want you to put out a new UCX.
New ADC,DAC,opamp, and SteadyClock FS.
I want the new UCX to support lower headphone impedance.
In particular, I want the DC connector to have a locking system like the ADI-2 DAC FS.
When I was doing the wiring before, the DC cable came off.

With Firewire 400 it's great to be bus powered.
The new Mac equipped with Type-C supports 15W power supply, so I want you to support bus power when making a new UCX.

I hope you read this topic.
Thank you.

Re: What to expect from the new UCX

Add a request.
Support 1M Ohm instrument input.
Thank you.

3 (edited by ramses 2020-08-10 12:50:16)

Re: What to expect from the new UCX

Additionally:
- if possible dampening on power-on noise not only for phones, but for all outputs
- As the old remote does not exist anymore either support for the new ARC USB
alternatively: remove support for the old ARC to get rid of the MIDI breakout cable and make room for real MIDI plugs

Maybe one thing to think about .. I don't know who really requires coaxial SPDIF ....
I personally think that people are more in the need of an additional ADAT port that can be switched to optical SPDIF protocol.

Or alternatively ... DURec support with an USB port where the coax. SPDIF connectors are connected to.
I think UCX would be an optimal candidate to have a small formfactor interface with AUTOSET and DURec.

USB + thunderbolt support, as Firewire is a dead horse.

Mic inputs / analog inputs in the quality of the UFX II/+.

Eventually take it as an occasion to use the latest converters like in the BBF Pro FS.

Maybe implementation of the new USB driver which allows for 32 samples ASIO buffersize.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13