1 (edited by terrys999 2020-08-04 16:27:32)

Topic: Adi 2 dac with akg phones

Will the adi 2 dac drive K712 pro Phones?
63ohms.
Also I have heard that midrange is a little screwed up on these phones.
Can the equaliser fix this!

There seems to be a weirded dip in midrange frequency.

2 (edited by ramses 2020-08-04 16:30:44)

Re: Adi 2 dac with akg phones

What do you see as a problem? 63 ohms is so low that even a smartphone should be able to handle it.

ADI-2 * is so powerful, ... read here: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=30940

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I used the AKG K601, which are 120ohms, when I first got my ADI-2 Dac and I never had any issues with them. Until I recently changed to Shure SRH1840, which are 65ohms, and no problems either. You should be just fine.

When I was deciding on new headphones I also tested the K712, which run of just fine from my smartphone.

4 (edited by ramses 2020-08-04 19:19:09)

If you had followed the link in posting #2, you would know that even 600 Ohms are no problem and still so loud that it can hurt your ears and even then you can still make it louder,  by operating ADI-2 Pro in balanced mode.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Ramses, did you mistake me for the terrys999? I don't think terrys999 has been back yet to see your link.

Don't worry, I was simply irritated by your posting. I was just wondering what your posting was about. Did you have the impression that it should be pointed out explicitly that headphones with 120 Ohm work, when it was already clarified that even headphones with 600 Ohm can be used without problems and even these are still very loud ? That's why I wanted to ask if you missed the link to MC's posting. Otherwise I do not understand the sense of your posting.

Instead of going straight for attack wouldn't it be better to ask if you're unsure? It's not like I attacked you linking to the a thread about ADI-2 Pro with 600 ohm headphones when terrys999 is asking about the ADI-2 DAC. So the point I was trying to point is that an AKG headphone of double the ohm has run without problems on the ADI-2 DAC, which while very similar in specification for those who are in the know I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that it's common knowledge for someone interested into the ADI-2 DAC specifically. They are in different price categories after all.

Neither did I attack you for talking about the balanced mode, which I'm sure you are aware, the ADI-2 DAC does not have. Yet, you decided that it is worth to be mentioned to someone who is interested into the ADI-2 DAC. Why not mention the high power mode instead?

The purpose of my post was to reassure terrys999 that there would be no problems for powering the K712 Pros on ADI-2 DAC. In hindsight I could have done a better job with it as it turns out it wasn't clear enough. I'm very sorry for making you feel irritated by trying to be helpful to someone else. In the future I refrain from trying to be helpful and kind.

Wow
Rameses..
What’s with the aggressive response???

All I asked was if these phones would be a problem.
Reviews all say that the 712s need a lot of power for the low ohms that they are.

Out of all the sites I have visited. The forum is the worst.  chill

Not everyone has your knowledge.

Shikyo

I am sorry you got attacked.

The attack was at me.

Rameses seems to have a problem.

Gents, where was something like an attack ? I simply didn't understand the logic of his posting.

Rameses
read back at your posts!

You come across has being aggressive.

Shikyo. Also noticed it.

Any way. Thanks for the info shikyo much aprec......

terrys999: You're welcome. As long as you feel like my post helped, that's all that matters.

Ramses: Please, why don't you indulge me as how I could have improved my post so you wouldn't need to wonder about it or understand the its logic? Instead of making assumptions of me not reading your post or checking out the link you provided why wouldn't you simply ask me to elaborate my point? I cannot fathom how you could feel irritated by my post either. Did I accidentally provide information that was inaccurate or false?

13 (edited by KaiS 2020-08-04 22:42:38)

Coming back to topic:
ADI-2 DAC can drive almost every headphones on the market to earsplitting levels.

I'm driving AKG K1000 with it, the least effective headphones ever built.
Even with their needed strong sub-bass boost there's enough headroom left.

Thanks kais

Didn’t realise it was that good.   Then again ... this dac is the best I have ever owned.

Thank you.