Topic: Noise Bursts- RME Fireface 800 Pro Tools 12

Hello,
I'm sure this will require some back and forth to sort out. I recently acquired a used RME Fireface 800 (last week, in fact). I've been very pleased with how solid the unit is, and once I learned some basics in TotalMix I've been happy with that as well.
Initially, everything ran perfectly. However, a few days ago I was working in a session when I got a burst of crackly/white noise at FULL VOLUME through my monitors. Since that time, it persists! It occurs every few minutes with no discernable pattern. I've had to reduce the volume of my speakers dramatically and frankly I'm afraid to even have them on sometimes now!
Over on the Avid forum this topic was discussed within the past couple years but I can't find any resolution. Are there any threads here on this forum that have properly diagnosed and solved it?

Sincerely,
Aric Keith

Re: Noise Bursts- RME Fireface 800 Pro Tools 12

I doubt that this is limited to your monitor outputs - did you check the others? Usually the unit needs a new power supply inside.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Noise Bursts- RME Fireface 800 Pro Tools 12

MC wrote:

I doubt that this is limited to your monitor outputs - did you check the others? Usually the unit needs a new power supply inside.

Hi Matthias,
You are correct the noise burst occurs on all outputs. Power supply, you say? I read about this issue.