Topic: RME M-32AD and DA

Hello,

I am using a RME M-32AD and a M-32DA to convert analog audio to MADI. At the moment i am using the 1/4" TRS analog connections on the input and output. I now want to switch them to the D-Sub I/O to make cabling neater but as i am on air with this i need to change this one D-Sub at a time.
The manual indicates that they cannot be connected together(see below)

"The analog line inputs of the M-32 AD can be accessed by using D-sub (with an optional XLR
multicore) and 1/4" TRS jacks. Both are internally connected, so not operational at the same time"

But can i have one D-Sub connected with the TRS associated with that D-Sub inputs/outputs removed but have the rest of the TRS still connected and then gradually change out the TRS one D-Sub at a time?

Also the manual mentions "optional XLR multicore" how would i know if i have this option?

Thanks

Re: RME M-32AD and DA

But can i have one D-Sub connected with the TRS associated with that D-Sub inputs/outputs removed but have the rest of the TRS still connected and then gradually change out the TRS one D-Sub at a time?

Yes, no problem.

"optional" means you have the option to purchase that multicore, it is not included in the package of the M-32 AD.
Order numbers of the breakout cables can be found here: https://docs.rme-audio.com/m32ad/090-1r_accessories/