Topic: How to connect (slave) my Digimax FS via ADAT @ 96k to my RME Fireface

Hello!

I can't figure out how to connect (slave) my Digimax FS via ADAT @ 96k to my RME Fireface 800 (master).

Can i please get step by step instruntions starting form installation and connection of my Digimax FS?

The RME has been installed and running perfectly for years.  I just need to know how to connect the two using the Fireface 800 as the master so i can use the extra 8 line inputs (at 96k) of the Digimax FS.

Would also be very helpful to know the exact setting settings that i need on the Fireface (i.e. set to master clock etc) and exactly how to physically connect the two in case for some odd reason im doing wrong.

I shouldn't have to download or install any drivers for the Presonus correct? Also believe im correctly setting the Presonus to slave mode.

Thank you so much!

-c

Re: How to connect (slave) my Digimax FS via ADAT @ 96k to my RME Fireface

Set FF800 to Internal clock, make sure SPDIF in is set for "coaxial" and SPDIF out has no options selected. Connect 4 ADAT cables (outputs connect to inputs) between the units. Set the Digimax to sync to ADAT in.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Works perfectly!

Thanks again Jeff.

Your'e a genius.

-c

Why do you need to connect four ADAT cables?  ADAT 1 on the Digimax works for channels 1-8.
I am using a BNC cable for the word clock set to internal and one ADAT cable from Digimax out to RME ADAT 1 in.
It says Synch in control panel. but won't record in Cakewalk Sonar.  Should it say Synch or Lock?

jdownin wrote:

Why do you need to connect four ADAT cables?

8 line inputs (at 96k)

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME