mute an3 input
mute an4 input
mute an5 input
mute an6 input
mute an7 input
mute an8 input

fireface400

Re: totalmix midi map mutes

There is no MIDI mapping as such for such functions. If you want to know what TM FX sends when you press these buttons use a simple MIDI logger like SendSX or similar. This allows to view all commands not listed in the manual, mostly Mackie protocol ones. Otherwise you need OSC to do that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

this sounds like a very neat concept.  i downloaded the free sendsx software and am running on my windows 10.  how do i tell sendsx to listen to and watch what TOTALMIXFX does when i click on the variosu mutes?  i can only specify midi in and out of my physical devices.

Plug a cable from a MIDI Out to a MIDI in...

But there are also apps that allow to do so.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I am currently trying and work out how to mute channels in totalmix using midi automation from reaper..  I just want to send a midi CC...  why cant you just provide this simple ability to users ? I see no valid reason why people need to be screwing around reverse engineering Mackie protocol to find this stuff out... you have made controlling faders easy to just select the CC number and midi channel and it works no problem...  why have you made it arbitrarily difficult with mutes ?

Yes, same problem. Whats up rme? I just want to mute channels via midi. Please give us proper instructions. Recommending a midi logger is kind of a joke....