Topic: DIGICHECK Not Displaying When I/P Pannned Hard Right

Hi All,

Babyface Pro, latest firmware, drivers. Windows 10, v1909.  Digicheck v5.92.

When the DIGICHECK client is Studio One 4.6.x, ProTools 2019.x, Dorico 3.5.x, Vienna Synchron Player (latest), Arturia Analog Labs, 4.x, etc.,  DIGICHECK's display (TOTALYSER) goes blank when I pan the client's O/P signal hard right.  No issues when panned hard left.  The audio continues to play, and if Total Mix is open simultaneously, Total Mix shows signal in the panned right channel.

Happens whether the client is a DAW or a stand-alone software program (e.g. Analog Lab).

Anyone else ever experience this?

Thanks,
Danny V.

Re: DIGICHECK Not Displaying When I/P Pannned Hard Right

Is the Totalyser displaying hardware level or ASIO level? Playback or Input? Can you provide a screenshot of the Totalyser settings (F2)?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by danevaz 2020-09-21 22:48:46)

--Is the Totalyser displaying hardware level or ASIO level?
How do I determine that?  I use ASIO.

<EDIT> On the Input Device Setup popup the ASIO driver is ASIO Fireface USB, and the ASIO radio button is ticked on.  Hardware level is greyed out.

--Playback or Input?
Should be playback from either my DAW or stand-alone VI.

<EDIT>The device 1(L) is Babyface Pro - Channel is Analog 1 - Source is playback.
The device 2(R) is Babyface Pro - Channel is Analog 2 - Source is playback.
Preferred Sample Rate is 48Khz.

AN 2 in Total Mix (and Main out) is showing signal in the right channel.  Doesn't matter if I have AN1 & AN 2 linked, or as two separate channel strips in TotalMix.  Signal just doesn't show up in Totalyser when I pan the DAW output hard right.  If I adjust the hard right pan in my DAW or VI client even 1 tick towards the center, I get some readings in Totalyser (but at a reduced level, which gets progressively higher as I move towards center).

--Can you provide a screenshot of the Totalyser settings (F2)?
Unfortunately I cannot figure out a way to paste my screen shot into my reply post.

Totalyser Source is set to "MAX L/R" mode.  I reset "System Settings" to default.

Just updated to latest TotalMix and latest Babyface Pro firmware.

Sorry, can not reproduce. Works as expected.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME