1 (edited by David10 2020-10-18 07:15:05)

Topic: Adi-2 DAC USB 3 problem

Hey.
My Desktop PC has both USB2 and USB3 ports.
Through USB2, the sound works fine, but if I connect it to USB3,
then the sound starts to interrupt every second.
I tried all 4 USB3 ports, that I have in my PC and the sound is always intermittent.
Does anyone know what the problem is?

The fact is that my next computer won't have USB2 at all, this issue becoming a problem.
Who else had problems connecting Adi-2 DAC to USB3?

Thanks.

Re: Adi-2 DAC USB 3 problem

I don't have any problems and my ADI-2 PRO FS which is connected to USB3 on my Windows 10 PC (it's fairly new PC I built myself based on MSI TRX40 PRO WIFI motherboard and using AMD Threadripper CPU - not sure if that makes any difference but I doubt it - this must be some issue specific to your current PC).

David10 wrote:

Through USB2, the sound works fine, but if I connect it to USB3,
then the sound starts to interrupt every second.
I tried all 4 USB3 ports, that I have in my PC and the sound is always intermittent.
Does anyone know what the problem is?

The fact is that my next computer won't have USB2 at all, this issue becoming a problem.
Who else had problems connecting Adi-2 DAC to USB3?

We had this several times here already. You do not connect the ADI to USB 3. You connect it to a USB 2 controller which is part of the USB 3 implementation and port. THAT controller sucks (in your case), and works worse than the USB2 only controllers that you have. USB3 ports do not have to be worse in USB2 performance. All of mine work perfectly, with the exception of Asmedia USB ports in the back of my LG monitor. But that was expected.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Understood. Thanks.