Topic: USB cable

Where to purchase a second USB cable like the cable RME ships with the ADI-2 DAC?

Re: USB cable

Its simply a USB2 cable nothing special. Lindy Cromo line offers a good quality.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank You.

a hifi shop once recommended me a 1.5 m 130 EUR USB cable to avoid digital noise and to lighten up the soundscape smile

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

5 (edited by fieldstu 2020-10-27 23:27:12)

big_smile I would never buy such cables, just sticking to a well known PC brand that makes good cables and you're off the charts for a couple of EUR.

But as an example (not the local hifi dealer) you can find these cables everywhere:
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=audioquest+carbon

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

6 (edited by KaiS 2020-10-28 00:35:32)

fieldstu wrote:

a hifi shop once recommended me a 1.5 m 130 EUR USB cable to avoid digital noise and to lighten up the soundscape smile

[Sarcasm mode on]: with such a cheap cable you only get a fraction of the soundscape that is possible.
If you really spend on the cable the light will shine much brighter and even your wife will look better [sarcasm mode off].

7 (edited by Curt962 2020-10-28 01:54:58)

Hey Kai...

Sarcasm Mode set to +11...   smile

My Wife is a fine Audio Accessory, but does in fact exhibit a bit of Low-End "Bloat", and a bit of "Shoutiness/Over-Extension" in the Midrange. 

I just don't know.   Maybe better Capacitors?  big_smile

I've tried Cables, etc.  Nothing seems to help. I'm thinking perhaps her Dielectric isn't quite up to Standard.  smile

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

fieldstu wrote:

Expensive cables do sound and measure different!

#AudioquestForever

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

#IlostallmymoneytoAudioquest

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

10 (edited by Curt962 2020-10-28 18:19:53)

This is Amazing!

With a bit of Cut and Paste, YOU can create World Class Audio Adverts, and Reviews that even YOU can't believe!!!   AQ surely uses a similar system in their marketing efforts.  smile

Love it!

I couldn't resist...forgive me!! smile

"All Audio systems are energized by Morphic Resonance. Our Consciousness of Tonal Radiance, and Harmonic Luminosity is the result of our unique awareness of these Nano pulses of Quantum energy, which are harmonized by Ancient Receptors deep within our being. The Discriminating Audiophile has long known that “Quantum” means a summoning of the Authentic!    No longer bound by the limitations of the Human Condition,The Audio System is  then set forth to become a Fully Inverse Phase Reactive, Quasi-Trilateral Auditory Conveyance.  Quite literally,  a Super Highway to the Multiverse! 

In our Quest to expand BEYOND the Boundaries of earthly science, Our Patented (pending) "Morphic Convergence Cable Technology" sets new standards for Morphic Resonance Retrieval, and brings forth to the Music Lover an UNPARALLELED level of Transcendental Cognitive Awareness, and Unity within their Chosen Musical Cosmos!"

C'mon!   I'm a Lock for the AQ Marketing Job!

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

Purchased a 1m and a 2m Lindy Cromo USB cable. Well made cable at reasonable price. Purchased at Scamazon. Thx again