Topic: RME Baby Face Pro XLR weird loose output socket

Hey guys,
Arrggg I bought a Babyface Pro, I like it very much but one problem :
The XLR output ‘socket’ are so loose. Why is that ??
Is there a way to make it tighter ? Maybe an XLR reference that would fit best.
I had a problem with a gig, each time the Babyface was moving (it was a small place, the RME was almost at my feets, and no time to make soundcheck, first time I used it etc), there was some cracks sounds, I even had to put back one of the XLR.
In my house I have also problems with this loose output sockets.
HELP !

Thank you

Re: RME Baby Face Pro XLR weird loose output socket

What brand connectors are you using? There have been several reports of cheap connectors not being manufactured with correct dimensions.

I use Nuetrik and Amphenol connectors and they are secure.

Indeed, I used Neutrik and now it is perfect.
! I was quite afraid...thanks for the help !

Sorry to bring up an old thread but..
I'm having terrible problems with loose cables on both my Babyface Pro units.
One is using Ugreen cables and the other is unbranded - they all work fine on other devices but cause crackling and an unreliable connection with the Babyface Pro.

Could anybody please recommend a pre-made cable which will fit correctly, ideally available on Amazon Germany?

Thank you in advance.

Dan98, I use Klotz M5 cables with my Babyface Pro and they fit perfect, I have no problems. However, I cannot guarantee that they will solve your problems (in case your BFP is defective).

Klotz M5 series use Neutrik connectors. These cables are of great quality, which I can highly recommend.

crille wrote:

Dan98, I use Klotz M5 cables with my Babyface Pro and they fit perfect, I have no problems. However, I cannot guarantee that they will solve your problems (in case your BFP is defective).

Klotz M5 series use Neutrik connectors. These cables are of great quality, which I can highly recommend.

OK, great thanks.
I'll check them out.