Topic: iPad Pro 2020 USB-C only detects RME ADI-2 DAC FS every 2nd attempt

Dear all. I‘ve owned the wonderful ADI-2 for about 2 weeks now an I love it!

One thing bugs me, though. I am using the ADI-2 exclusively with my 2020 iPad Pro through USB-C, directly connected to the ADI-2. The iPad detects the ADI-2 only on every 2nd attempt - always! No matter if the ADI-2 is powered on or not.

So, every time I want to listen to music, I -> Connect USB-C Cable to iPad, nothing, disconnect USB-C Cable, Connect again - detected as AID-2 DAC music interface.

Is there anything I can do to get the ADI-2 detected as soon as I attach the cable, first try?

BTW. My portable DAC Ifi Hip-Dac, connected to the same iPad via USB-C is detected without flaw, every time with the 1st attempt. So I think the Problem exists between ADI-2 and the iPad...

Re: iPad Pro 2020 USB-C only detects RME ADI-2 DAC FS every 2nd attempt

We have seen this behaviouir with the iPad Pro on several CC devices. IMHO Apple will fix this sooner or later.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for your quick reply! So this problem relates to software and exists in iPadOS?

I understood the answer exactly this way.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hi, when you say you connect the iPad through usb-c, do you use the camera kit or you use the iPad usb-c cable and a usb-c to usb type B adapter?

iPad Pro connector is usb c so no need for an adapter.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

Korben.Dallas wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply! So this problem relates to software and exists in iPadOS?

Any improvements since? Which iOS version are you running?

I am getting a 4th generation / 2020 iPad Pro soon and want to use it with ADI-2 Pro.

Having to connect it two times might be an annoyance, but does not prevent it from working.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME