Topic: OSC Command to move to a specific channel ?

i want to put a button on an OSC layout which moves the selection to a specific channel, is this possible ? or is the only option to make a button with 2/track+  and press it multiple times to move to the desired channel ?

I saw the option for select/1/4  but when I tried this pattern it just selected the fader of that channel and not the actual channel itself.. so you cant change EQ and FX controls like you can when you cycle through them using 2/track+

I also saw the setSubmix pattern but I didn't have any luck getting this to work ? I want to select channel 4 on bottom row.. if setSubmix would do what I am looking for, does anyone know how would I use it on an OSC button ? I added setSubmix/4 but it didn't work ??

Re: OSC Command to move to a specific channel ?

I worked out how to enable setSubmix from a button but it still doesn't do what I'm looking for... it selects the output channel but it doesn't enable you to have control of other parameters on that output channel like you can when you use 2/track+..

ive got a fader which uses 2/reverbReturn and I want the setSubmix button to jump to the specified output channel so I can then use that reverb return fader to control the FX return for that output channel..  setSubmix is correctly selecting the channel but the reverb fader is still controlling the FX return on a different channel.. is there anyway to force selection of a channel without needing to skip through multiple times using  2/track+  ?

You have these two documents?

http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/osc_t … ix_new.zip

Had been updated not long ago, 2020/10/28.

http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/tmfx_ … uchosc.zip

We made this as demo for the submix and bank selection function in 2012, for touchosc, see also:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=22621

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by ebulb 2020-11-25 02:42:48)

yeah I have those docs.. I have got setSubmix working but it doesn't seem to function the same as when you select a channel with your mouse.. my aim was to use it on a button with fixed value of 4, then have a fader control the FX level of submix 4..

when I press setSubmix it selects output 4 but the fader doesnt correspond to the FX for that channel, it continues to control FX for another channel.. the only way I can see to select output 4 (completely) is using 2/track+ to skip through channels and then once you do that the fader works for the correct FX return.. I wanted to avoid that skipping through channels process though and just have a button the user could press which would initialize the layout making all the relevant controls available.

No worries I should be ok without it.

I think what you try to do is possible with setBankStart.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks.. I looked at the spreadsheet again after I finished working on the layout and noticed setBankStart.. i'll give it a go when I've next got some time.