Topic: ADI-2 DAC FS suddenly start switching

Hi guys
I’ve been a very happy owner of an ADI2 fs dac for several months however in the past day or two it has suddenly started to make a noise as if it’s ‘switching’ when it gets a signal.

The dac gets used for lots of sources, one being the TV, this is when I hear it switching the most because when I change channels on the TV there is clearly a break in the signal to the dac and I can hear it ‘switch’ as it receives the signal again. Any ideas why this would have suddenly started to happen?

There has been no change to my set up what’s so ever, so I’m a little baffled.

Thanks steve.

2 (edited by N00b 2020-11-27 14:59:21)

Re: ADI-2 DAC FS suddenly start switching

carruthersesq wrote:

Hi guys
I’ve been a very happy owner of an ADI2 fs dac for several months however in the past day or two it has suddenly started to make a noise as if it’s ‘switching’ when it gets a signal.

The dac gets used for lots of sources, one being the TV, this is when I hear it switching the most because when I change channels on the TV there is clearly a break in the signal to the dac and I can hear it ‘switch’ as it receives the signal again. Any ideas why this would have suddenly started to happen?

There has been no change to my set up what’s so ever, so I’m a little baffled.

Thanks steve.

Hi Steve,

Do you have any other soucre connected to the ADI-2 DAC? If I were you, I would try to disable the automatic source selector (by selecting "Optical" if your TV is connected via optical Toslink) and I would see if the switchings happen again.

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=31920

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

Hi Steve,

Do you have any other soucre connected to the ADI-2 DAC? If I were you, I would try to disable the automatic source selector (by selecting "Optical" if your TV is connected via optical Toslink) and I would see if the switchings happen again.

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=31920

Thanks for the response. I can confirm that automatic source selector is already disabled. I’d search last night before posting and also found that post.

Any further ideas?

The TV will change its output format whenever the format changes...which happens quite often, for example during channel change, fast forward and reverse (if you have Time Shift) etc. Between Dolby Digital, PCM, and nothing (switching off the optical output). Sometimes it helps to set the TV to always downmix to PCM.

You should change to the ADI's Status Screen and look what it says in those moments about clocking and the current source.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME