Topic: Safe to downgrade firmware? Also encoder problems.

Hi!

Is it safe to flash a version of the firmware older that the one currently on the device?

I've started having a problem where the main rotary encoder would randomly register some clicks in the opposite direction of what I'm turning it, (e.g. turning clockwise, but volume decreases and vice versa) and wanted to check if it's due to a firmware update, or the encoder is starting to die sad

Re: Safe to downgrade firmware? Also encoder problems.

That's a clear encoder problem.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by hadadzhi 2020-12-23 13:07:23)

Thanks!
So, how do I replace it when it breaks completely? smile

hadadzhi wrote:

Hi!

Is it safe to flash a version of the firmware older that the one currently on the device?

I've started having a problem where the main rotary encoder would randomly register some clicks in the opposite direction of what I'm turning it, (e.g. turning clockwise, but volume decreases and vice versa) and wanted to check if it's due to a firmware update, or the encoder is starting to die sad

Iam starting to get problems.

This dac is fantastic, rme certainly have produced a killer dac.

My encoder is starting to misfire, not a lot though. Mines 6 months old.
There must be a QC issue.

Mine also had scratched screen. And a failing remote, new battery didn’t fix it.  I don’t think these problems are common.

Like MC said the encoder is shot.
Get a replacement.

I actually start to have the encoder problem occasionally as well, mine is a little more than a year old. Got a Pro FS R coming my way soon so hopefully I won't have to use the encoders as much anymore with the new remote. Would you guys recommend RMA'ing the old ADI-2 Pro to fix the encoder problem?