1 (edited by GoldenOne 2020-12-06 00:17:29)

Topic: ADI 2 Pro left headphone out not working

So I've had an ADI-2 Pro FS R for about a month now and I love it. But today I've encountered an issue.
I was using headphones (connected balanced) and suddenly the left channel stopped working.

I unplugged and plugged everything back in, left channel worked for about half a second then went dead.

Tried swapping to single ended and swapped to dual-phones ON.
Right port (1/2) works fine, both channels good.
Left port (3/4) again, left channel worked for half a second, then went dead. Right channel is fine.
Swapped back to bal phones and connected balanced and encountered the same.

I have tried factory resetting the unit, rebooting, no luck. I'm a bit worried that there may be a hardware fault.
Has anyone encountered this issue before or can suggest a fix? Its odd that it works for a split second then just dies.

Edit: Video here: https://streamable.com/2lnf3t

Re: ADI 2 Pro left headphone out not working

Hrmm.
There was someone else on the forum that encounter similar problem.
They were told a transistor  had burned.

It could have been on adi 2 dac.

terrys999 wrote:

Hrmm.

Unfortunately i'm thinking something similar has occurred here. Don't see how this could be a software issue.
My main concern is that this unit took nearly 2 months to actually get to me, and the dealer has none in stock. Couple that with the AKM fire and I could be without the ADI-2 which I rely on quite heavily, for quite some time, if I do have to do a warranty repair.

4 (edited by KaiS 2020-12-06 01:06:13)

GoldenOne wrote:

So I've had an ADI-2 Pro FS R for about a month now and I love it. But today I've encountered an issue.
I was using headphones (connected balanced) and suddenly the left channel stopped working.

I unplugged and plugged everything back in, left channel worked for about half a second then went dead.

Tried swapping to single ended and swapped to dual-phones ON.
Right port (1/2) works fine, both channels good.
Left port (3/4) again, left channel worked for half a second, then went dead. Right channel is fine.
Swapped back to bal phones and connected balanced and encountered the same.

I have tried factory resetting the unit, rebooting, no luck. I'm a bit worried that there may be a hardware fault.
Has anyone encountered this issue before or can suggest a fix? Its odd that it works for a split second then just dies.

Edit: Video here: https://streamable.com/2lnf3t

Following your describtion and your video - hardware, very likely.

If you bought it a month ago you're within warranty.

5 (edited by ning 2020-12-06 18:11:30)

terrys999 wrote:

Hrmm.

the mute transistor you mentioned is another issue I guess. HP outs do not use such transistor.
I am however pretty surprised that the right channel is not shut off as well when it detects something going wrong. The expected behavior is to shut down the entire 3/4 output and display an error message to the screen. Maybe tech experts here can explain why it doesn't happen here.

My headphone 1/2 went out.  3/4 working fine.  There are workarounds obviously, but it's a PITA.  Well out of warranty.  It's a great "plug a pre in and record interface," but part of what makes it great is 2 headphone outs.