1 (edited by David10 2020-12-09 03:20:47)

Topic: The ADI-2 DAC screen lights up for no reason.

Hey,

Lately I noticed, that the screen of the The ADI-2 DAC began to light up for no reason and go out after a couple of seconds, as if I pressed some kind of button. But I don't press anything either on the remote or on the device.

Does anyone know what the problem is? This happens once or twice a day.

Thanks.

Re: The ADI-2 DAC screen lights up for no reason.

Might be infrared irritation. Like from big TV display, fluorecsent lighting etc. Or your cat sits on the remote wink

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Might be infrared irritation. Like from big TV display, fluorecsent lighting etc. Or your cat sits on the remote wink

I've been using the device in the same room for almost a year and nothing like this has happened.
I don't have a TV and a cat. The remote control always lies next to the DAC.

But you have Dark mode enabled? Did anything change at the unit, like new firmware, other connections to equipment, power supply, settings?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by David10 2020-12-09 08:13:03)

MC wrote:

But you have Dark mode enabled? Did anything change at the unit, like new firmware, other connections to equipment, power supply, settings?

Yes, I have always Dark Mode enabled.
I'm using firmware v.34 for three months without problems.

The screen started to light up a couple days ago, after I updated the driver to the latest version (v. 0.9734).
That's all. No other changes. The problem might be in the driver?

No, the driver can not do that. Let me play around to check if that behaviour can have a logical reason.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

No, the driver can not do that. Let me play around to check if that behaviour can have a logical reason.

Ok. Thanks.