Topic: Where is the COAX key?

Hello,

Just finished unpacking my new ADI-2 DAC FS, but the remote is different to the manual and product page, see picture:

Where is the "COAX" key? Or the "1" key?
They should be on lower left side, below label "RCA 5".
Instead, I have two keys with cryptic symbols I can't read or understand.

Can someone at RME assist in getting the correct remote?
Preferably sparing me the hassle of raising a claim to the shop. Even if I get lucky and they agree to both replace it and pay for the shipping, then I'd need to repack and ship everything (DAC+remote) to them, then wait for the replacement to arrive.

Thanks in advance.
https://i.postimg.cc/ydXzdm69/WHERE-IS-COAX-KEY.jpg

2 (edited by KaiS 2020-12-13 12:52:16)

Re: Where is the COAX key?

It's obvious that the 2 keys with the labels upside down on the left are simply wrong ones, a manufacturing error.
They are duplicates of the two identical, from the right side.

Ask your dealer (not here) for replacement of the remote.
Meanwhile you can use it and just have to remember what should be there.

But come back here and ask everything else you like to know about your new device smile

Hoooooo Haaa  sorry thats making me laugh .

OH MY GOD.......
How the hell did they mess that up?????

HA i think they have been drinking too much Jägermeister  hahahaha

Meanwhile the final remote is checked by an automated photo scan system, so that wrong or turned buttons are reliably detected. Humans can make errors....but in defense of the humans, only 2 such cases (this one included) came up until now. After several thousand remotes quite ok, IMHO.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by ning 2020-12-15 04:13:39)

terrys999 wrote:

Remotes are made in China. So probably workers are drinking too much maotai.

6 (edited by KaiS 2020-12-15 13:39:01)

ning wrote:
terrys999 wrote:

Remotes are made in China. So probably workers are drinking too much maotai.

They simply don't read Latin characters smile

Have you ever seen them write these Chinese characters by hand - amazing!

7 (edited by ning 2020-12-15 16:43:21)

KaiS wrote:

They simply don't read Latin characters smile

Have you ever seen them write these Chinese characters by hand - amazing!

Well that's a stereotype --- Those factory workers actually read both Latin and Chinese characters. People in China use mobile phones all the time, and the most common way to input Chinese is by latin phonetics (called pinyin, which is almost the only input method people under age 45 use). So even those from rural areas with poor education recognize all English Latin alphabets with no problem at all.

On the other hand, in the digital era, even well educated people from China cannot write many commonly used Chinese characters. Language is seldom written down nowadays, so they simply forgot how to write them.

Situation is similar in Japan as well.

Source: I understand the Chinese/Japanese/English language pretty well. I also have quite a lot of experience living in China/Japan/the US to understand these three societies fairly well.

Fun fact: Chinese is actually my native language. I had been rarely using it for more than a decade, so my Chinese conversation ability gets worse from time to time. Now it is on par with my English one, which means, I can communicate, but make a lot of verbal/grammatical mistakes, and my spoken Chinese is usually mixed with English or Japanese words. In my spare time I sometimes practice calligraphy, as a way to remember my heritage root --- so I'm able to write more Chinese characters than normal Chinese people smile

KaiS wrote:

Ask your dealer (not here) for replacement of the remote.
Meanwhile you can use it and just have to remember what should be there.

That's not how it works, on my experience. It's far from being that simple.

The shop wouldn't give out a replacement just because I ask for it. What a surprise.
Instead, I had to send them my defective remote, and hope for the best. There goes the "meanwhile you can use it". And by the best I mean that they send me a replacement without any further hassle, which is still to be seen.

So now I'm facing several weeks if not months without my already paid remote. After several emails back and forth with the shop, after three trips to the city in COVID times to waste my time shopping for packing supplies and packing and queuing and arguing at the Post office, here I am without a remote, and without any guarantee that I will get in return a non-defective one. Or when.

I'll save all the boring details that go into that "replacement" thing. But no, it's not that simple.

https://i.postimg.cc/MpzQXWLH/WHERE-IS-COAX-KEYb.jpg

9 (edited by KaiS 2020-12-19 00:43:03)

Wow, that's not how things work here!
Sorry to hear!
Change shop if this is an option.

And tell them >:)

What do they want to do with the wrong labeled remote $10'worth - relable with a white pencil?
Hard to understand that a shop doesn't apologize, immediately send a replacement and basta.