Topic: Windows 10 Enterprise Rebooting

Using
Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 19042.662

usb problems again.

Just Noticed that turning off adi 2 dac fs  causes windows to blue screen again.

actally not sure it ever when away.
This happens to  both my computers  fresh installs .

getting a bit tired of this happening.

is there any solutions to this??????

using latest drivers

all drivers in device manager also up to date.

2 (edited by ramses 2020-12-12 10:43:47)

Re: Windows 10 Enterprise Rebooting

Little recommendation. If you want to enable (and motivate) people to support you, then it would be useful to deliver information which are needed to be able to help you ;-)

Information about your system and driver versions...
CPU, Mainboard, DRAM, GPU ...
What RME recording interface, firmware/driver version, how / to what port connected.
To which USB port / PCIe slot is your RME interface connected ?
IF USB: to a port coming from chipset or a 3rd party chip on the mainboard ?
             Did you try all other USB ports or a different USB cable whether it makes a difference ?
             If you have RME ASIO driver installed, do you see CRC errors in the driver settings ?
IF PCIe: which mainboard slot, did you try other ?

And in terms of "usb problems again".
What old problem when ?
What fixed the issue, how long did it run without problems ?

At what day exactly did the problems reoccurr ? Same or similar problem ? What has been changed on the system or environment that could be mapped to the re-occurrence of the issue ?

Maybe a Windows Update ?
Did you check Windows Update history, whether a particular Update has been installed?
Please note that Windows also deploys 3rd party drivers now if you customized it this way.
I remember that there was an option to activate updates also for Intel, nVidia, etc drivers.

Also helpful, an URL to the thread where your previous issues have been discussed.

Many thanks for further information.

Side comment: using latest drivers is no information. 1. you might be wrong, 2. nobody knows, what exact firmware and driver version is involved in this case to be able to correlate this with other issues.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Little recommendation. If you want to enable (and motivate) people to support you, then it would be useful to deliver information which are needed to be able to help you ;-)

Information about your system and driver versions...
CPU, Mainboard, DRAM, GPU ...
What RME recording interface, firmware/driver version, how / to what port connected.
To which USB port / PCIe slot is your RME interface connected ?
IF USB: to a port coming from chipset or a 3rd party chip on the mainboard ?
             Did you try all other USB ports or a different USB cable whether it makes a difference ?
             If you have RME ASIO driver installed, do you see CRC errors in the driver settings ?
IF PCIe: which mainboard slot, did you try other ?

And in terms of "usb problems again".
What old problem when ?
What fixed the issue, how long did it run without problems ?

At what day exactly did the problems reoccurr ? Same or similar problem ? What has been changed on the system or environment that could be mapped to the re-occurrence of the issue ?

Maybe a Windows Update ?
Did you check Windows Update history, whether a particular Update has been installed?
Please note that Windows also deploys 3rd party drivers now if you customized it this way.
I remember that there was an option to activate updates also for Intel, nVidia, etc drivers.

Also helpful, an URL to the thread where your previous issues have been discussed.

Many thanks for further information.

Side comment: using latest drivers is no information. 1. you might be wrong, 2. nobody knows, what exact firmware and driver version is involved in this case to be able to correlate this with other issues.

All sorted
It was  the mother board  .
I have an identical mb that stopped working ages ago.
removed the usbs and resoldered   all fine now.

I am experiencing something similar on my Windows 10 Pro 64 2002 v19042 since the latest update.
Still trying to find an issue because I am certain its not the RME...just hoping to find what it was that I did wrong to it.

System was running smooth for 6+ years, an old but gold Fireface UFX (mark I), plugged to the same USB 2 in the back directly on the MoBo.
Thought my OS SSD has gone south and replaced it, but happening again without a pattern, rather randomly.
I always leave the Fireface ON, just shut down the PC from time to time.
Latest RME Drivers that were installed in July 2020.

ASUS Z87 deluxe, 32 GB RAM, 250 SSD Samsung EVO 860, I5

I guess the system has just gone to nirvana somewhere and needs to be replaced, which is a pity because its stopping me from making music :-(

Could be I turned automatic update on and activated this nasty third party driver updates ?

kberghoffer wrote:

I am experiencing something similar on my Windows 10 Pro 64 2002 v19042 since the latest update.
Still trying to find an issue because I am certain its not the RME...just hoping to find what it was that I did wrong to it.

System was running smooth for 6+ years, an old but gold Fireface UFX (mark I), plugged to the same USB 2 in the back directly on the MoBo.
Thought my OS SSD has gone south and replaced it, but happening again without a pattern, rather randomly.
I always leave the Fireface ON, just shut down the PC from time to time.
Latest RME Drivers that were installed in July 2020.

ASUS Z87 deluxe, 32 GB RAM, 250 SSD Samsung EVO 860, I5

I guess the system has just gone to nirvana somewhere and needs to be replaced, which is a pity because its stopping me from making music :-(

Could be I turned automatic update on and activated this nasty third party driver updates ?

Try system rollback.
Try different USB ports.
Look in device manager  make sure your port isn’t sharing anything.

I added a separate USB port on one of my motherboards.