Topic: Different inputs for line out & phones

Hi, new RME ADI2 DAC FS owner here.

I apologise if this is answered elsewhere....I want to set different SPDIF inputs for line out and headphones - toslink for line out and coax for phones. When I try to do this it sets both to the new setting. Is it possible to have them set separately or is it just a case of changing the input manually each time?

Re: Different inputs for line out & phones

I would think manually cause otherwise it would be a dual DA converter and it is not

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

Yes I would think so too - as that makes perfect sense. It threw me that there were input options under each output menu rather than one all encompassing input option menu.

4 (edited by KaiS 2020-12-18 16:14:54)

Set:
SETUP / Options / Phones / DSD, Mute Line to: ON.

Then ADI-2 DAC switches automatically between your different Setups for the three different outputs Line, Headphones and IEM, when you plug headphones or IEMs.

It's in the manual page 20 last clause, and page 38 chap. 19.6, the latter not very obviously for those not familiar with the way the ADI-2 series is structured.

@KaiS: it seems you overlooked that the OP asked about the input/source selection. Page 20: The ADI-2 DAC treats all outputs separately, and stores a complete set of parameters for each (except the synchronized Source selection).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

@KaiS: it seems you overlooked that the OP asked about the input/source selection. Page 20: The ADI-2 DAC treats all outputs separately, and stores a complete set of parameters for each (except the synchronized Source selection).

True, did not see this.