Topic: Ufx+, Garage Band, iPad pro: Maximum Track Count?

Can anyone tell me how many tracks i can record wit an Ufx+ on an iPad pro with Garage Band at once?
IPad pro should have native USB...

Frequently in use:
Fireface UFX+, Fireface 800 (as a AD/DA-Converter) and an old RME Sweater... ;-)

Re: Ufx+, Garage Band, iPad pro: Maximum Track Count?

I don't know about "Native USB"... Class Compliant devices support up to 24 tracks... I doubt that there are special RME drivers for iPad. Btw. When I use the iPad as a backup recording device, I use Auria. Last time I checked GarageBamd it I could record only 4 tracks at a time. But this is a while ago and I could be wrong.  However with Auria or Multitrack you can record definitly up to 24 tracks.

I hope to be right here, if not let me know.

Right now i am recording via a RME802 and a Desktop PC but due to Corona i have to get more portable. I heard that it is possible to connect and record with the RME802 only threw an iPad - that i correct, is it?

Because if it is i would now go ahead and by me an iPad pro and record with the bystanding GarageBand.

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Regards,
Chris

iPad Pro yes. Garageband is most probably limited in simultaneous record track number.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Meanwhile, iPad Air (Version 4) should work, too.
It also has native USB.

Frequently in use:
Fireface UFX+, Fireface 800 (as a AD/DA-Converter) and an old RME Sweater... ;-)