Topic: DigiCheck (NG) & ADI-2 Pro

I tried to search answers but I could not.

Is there a way to monitor playback signal with DigiCheck, without using any hard-wiring with cables? (Of course this works with Analog cables, but not with AES/EBU)

Could there be a way for DigiCheck to display ADI-2 Pro's signals?

Thanks

Re: DigiCheck (NG) & ADI-2 Pro

I'm pretty sure the answer is no which is unfortunate given the  ADI-2 menus are quite complex and would be so much easier to control them from computer (I also have UCX and it's so much easier to work with than the ADI2 because of Totalmix running on computer ....).

Would be a nice feature, if possible.

4 (edited by KaiS 2021-01-16 01:29:13)

ADI-2 connected with USB and the RME ASIO driver installed, DigiCheck should offer all signals, input and playback, as an option.

I‘d never tested this with ADI-2, but am using DigiCheck quite often in my studio.

5 (edited by KaiS 2021-01-15 23:34:25)

tomg wrote:

I'm pretty sure the answer is no which is unfortunate given the  ADI-2 menus are quite complex and would be so much easier to control them from computer (I also have UCX and it's so much easier to work with than the ADI2 because of Totalmix running on computer ....).

Totalmix and DigiCheck are two different things, for the record.

Digicheck is a package of Audio Meter tools, running in software on the host processor.

Totalmix is a Audio Mixer with Effects, “FX”.
Totalmix is using the hardware interface’s DSP, which ADI-2 isn’t prepared for this way.

KaiS wrote:
tomg wrote:

Totalmix and DigiCheck are two different things, for the record.

Digicheck is a package of Audio Meter tools, running in software on the host processor.

Totalmix is a Audio Mixer with Effects, “FX”.
Totalmix is using the hardware interface’s DSP, which ADI-2 isn’t prepared for this way.

Thanks. I know they are different but after recognizing how useful Totalmix is when used with UCX I could not help to wish for some type of ability to control the ADI-2 from the computer as well. I know it was not built/designed with that in mind but it would have been nice. I know DigiCheck is also not the right app to consider for that (even if RME ever did for some future device like ADI2 and wanted to provide this functionality they would probably have to build a new app - I doubt that will happen but would be nice). Anyhow, for my use case ADI-2 is good enough as it is now, but I have to admit I did not enjoy going through all those settings menus - not very intuitive but that is not surprising when you have that much functionality available and not all that many buttons and also very small screen to work with.

Already in post 2 the discussion was mislead to a totally different topic.

OP asked about showing playback levels in DIGICheck on a Mac. That is currently not possible without workarounds.

> (Of course this works with Analog cables, but not with AES/EBU)

It is possible with AES loopback if CC-Mode is set to Multichannel and Dig. Out Source to Main Out.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

OP asked about showing playback levels in DIGICheck on a Mac. That is currently not possible without workarounds.

I don’t see a Mac mentioned.
Anyway good to know.

How about PC?

Digicheck NG is Mac...PC has direct playback access thanks to ASIO.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME