1 (edited by galadrm 2021-01-04 05:08:25)

Topic: UFX II Digital Distortion and Pops

Hey everyone. I've had my ufx ii for a few weeks now, and really getting stuck into using it the last week with Logic Pro X, however have a couple issues.

I'm using the latest version of Logic, Mac OS, and UFX drivers.

The one issue I'm having is that intermittently the software playback channel coming back through the UFX to my speakers or headphones will have this odd digital distortion. I know it is only the software playback because if I route an analogue input direct to my speaker via totalmix, then the issue doesn't occur. Here is a link to a sample of the sound:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JBYHPN … sp=sharing

The second issue is that I hear occasional loud 'pops' ONLY through the left speaker, regardless of the buffer size I am using. The odd thing about the pops is that they appear to be produced by ADAT channel 16, because this is the only channel that clips when I hear the pop. Even stranger is that ADAT channel 16 is muted, and is not being routed anywhere. There are also no ADAT connections to the ufx at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: UFX II Digital Distortion and Pops

Bump... The issue is still happening.

The first thing to try is a total reset of the BF Pro, I think.

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

Thanks for the reply. Tried a factory reset and no luck.

Would appreciate some more responses, this is starting to get really frustrating.

Finally found an old thread that seems identical to the issue I'm having: https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=27426

Took a while to find - so it seems to be an apple issue. I haven't tried any of the workarounds yet, but I'm on a 2015 Macbook Pro, running Big Sur. I found another article that suggested the fix was implemented on Catalina, but not Big Sur? Seems a little slow - disappointing from Apple.