Topic: Babyface Pro Physical Meter & Output selector

Hello all, I recently bought a Babyface Pro and have maybe a simple question (amongst many others that will likely come up!)

In Totalmix FX I have a few Snapshots set up to "toggle" between headphone output and Optical output, it works great so far. However one small improvement would be if the physical Babyface Output selection would move with those "Snapshot" changes so I can use the knob for fading/volume control.

Is there any way to automate the physical changes/selections on Babyface of the Input/Outputs along with changes in Totalmix snapshots/views? Or other ways to automate the sync between the two?

Thank you!

Re: Babyface Pro Physical Meter & Output selector

The dial selection is independently handled in the unit and can not be remoted.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi MC thanks for the response! I actually happened into the answer I was hoping for (which in fact you can achieve what I was trying to do!)

The answer is to assign the appropriate Outputs to your control room. Then using the Speaker A/B functionality it'll automatically switch the dial's volume/fader control to the Speaker chosen.

Works perfectly for my scenario of having Headphones and Speakers hooked up and wanting to switch between them.

Anyone looking for this can find the how-to video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CirlPcokfQ

Works great as long as all the interfaces are on your bfp. As I have found though when I have speakers main and B with B being on my adat interface the dial will not control B if it is not as1/2 even if the faders are linked. I’ve raised the issue but I get no response

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

mkok, logically the reason for that is because the ADAT channel count is based on sample rate and not fixed. What happens to the Speaker B on ADAT 7/8 when you change to 96k? The channel your speaker is assigned to no longer exists on the interface.

So you can use any channels that will remain available through any sample rate changes up to 192k. That means all analog, SPDIF, and AES channels. ADAT and MADI channel assignments in the Control Room are limited due to this fact.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

It could be got round though if when linked you could have an option that the dial worked the main which being link to speaker B therefore working. That seems quite a simple feature request as we already know the dial can control main if it is assigned to an 1/2 . What isn’t very good is switching to speaker b and losing dial control. I do think a bit more positive and lateral thinking could solve this quite easily without impacting other features.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.