Topic: UFX II loud pop when changing sample rate in software playback

Hi
Im using UFX II mainly as ad da converter for a speaker system
Roon and jriver as playback device

When i swich between tunes with different sample rate like 24/96 to 16/44 or vice versa, I get a loud pop. Almost like a pistol going off
Is this a known issue? Any remedies? Same happen in both programs (roon and jriver) so unlikely its software related

Re: UFX II loud pop when changing sample rate in software playback

What OS ?
If Windows: what driver, RME ASIO driver / WDM or Windows driver ?

With Windows 10 and MusicBee Player using the RME ASIO Driver I do not have such a problem.
I have an auto playlist for content in single, double, quad speed
Doubleclicking through the different Playlists only stops music playing and playing of new song starts without any noise.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

With JRiver, Foobar, and several other programs no pop here on sample rate changes.

Do you have the analog inputs always routed and audible to the output? Check the TM FX level meters, maybe the inputs pop.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Im using Windows 10 and WDM with jriver. Convolution made in Audiolense.
And no, analog inputs are not audible to the outputs.

You could have said that (WDM and using Audiolense) in your first post already. As I don't use Audiolense I can't help, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

You could have said that (WDM and using Audiolense) in your first post already. As I don't use Audiolense I can't help, sorry.

Ok, so it is unlikely that this issue is hardware related?
I will go better through my software chain to identify the problem