Topic: Does ADI-2 DAC FS work well with MAC through USB?

I plan to stream Spotify & QoBuz from my MAC into an RME ADI-2 DAC. Does this combo work well?

Re: Does ADI-2 DAC FS work well with MAC through USB?

ujjal.kohli wrote:

I plan to stream Spotify & QoBuz from my MAC into an RME ADI-2 DAC. Does this combo work well?

Yes I use MacBook Pro, with Audirvana program , and RME Usb supplied cable.  RME supplied USB cable works very well with no need for overpriced cable jewelery.

WY

CD Transport>optical>RME ADI-2 DAC FS(AKM)>XLR balanced >GLM software>Genelec Monitors 8340A

The USB connection has been plug and play with any MAC I've connected. No problem being detected and integrated to Audirvana, Roon and the major streaming services.

Thank you StolzeNY & yuhasz01. I plan to use this DAC with Spotify or iTunes with Apple Lossless media, playing on the MAC & USB cable from the MAC to this DAC. No other software or hardware.

Please subscribe to Quobz or Tidal. To hear Spotify via a 1000 Euro DAC is like booking a hotel room with sea view and you leave the curtains closed.
It will work with a Mac > USB > RME Adi and there is a setting in Tidal, which uses Tidal as an exclusive sound transfer. So you do not need Audirvana. And you do not need Roon. All credits information are coming native from Tidal itself.