1 (edited by ramses 2021-02-25 10:01:07)

Topic: Possibility to restore saved volume after power-on

On my ADI-2 Pro, the unit remembers the volume settings from the last time I used it. Basically not wrong.

However, I would like to have the possibility to configure, that the ADI-2 alternatively starts after power-cycle
with defined values stored in the currently selected user profile.

In other words to ignore last settings and instead of this to start with all defined values from user profile including volume.

Did I miss something in the manual or wouldn't this be a useful feature request ?

Yesterday I had turned the ADI a bit louder, because I played electric guitar to a backing track. This morning this setting was too loud, therefore I would wish for such a feature to start with a defined volume.

Many thanks for your feedback upfront.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Possibility to restore saved volume after power-on

Is it a FS one ?
User manual page 20, 11.Vol  volumen settings in menu...?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by ramses 2021-02-25 19:27:55)

Re: Possibility to restore saved volume after power-on

Hi waedi,
sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough or you didn't read, but that's not what I meant wink

I'm talking about an additional setting option, so that when you turn on the ADI, not the "last used" settings (volume, etc) are loaded, but the settings that you have saved in a User Setting (1..9), so that the device gets (among other things) defined volume values after turning it on.

As I said, yesterday I had set the volume quite loud and then this morning when I turned it on, it was suddenly too loud when I started the MusicPlayer (I forgot to look at the volume in the display, because normally its always at more lower levels).

That gave me the idea to suggest this. This is basically exactly the same as restoring a saved "user setting" (1..9),
because you might have noted, when restoring a user profile, the volume is reset to the saved value as well.

This would also have the advantage that you get ALL stored values back again the next time you power-on. This would prevent situations, that "accidentally changed values" persist for some time and you wonder why it sounds different (balance, phase, loudness, ...). I hope this is now more clear.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13