Topic: MADI dropouts on MADIface XT
Some MADI issues here. Recently we bought the RME MADIface XT and use it for broadcast applications to mix our events live on a DAW.
Basically the MADI connection runs stable. However, there is sometimes a dropout every approx. 10 min, duration 1 sec. The problem does not occur regularly.
How such a dropout sounds can be heard in this video (at min. 10:35): https://youtu.be/VzwQKYqeuUY
We have the following setup:
- Soundcraft Si Performer 3 as FOH console.
- On the FOH console we pick up the MADI signal (RJ45) and pass it through the sonible ml:mio converter, to then pass it on to the RME MADIface XT via coaxial cable.
- We use the RME MADIface XT on a Mac Mini (macOS Big Sur, i7, 32 GB RAM).
- At 48 kHz we mix on the DAW PreSonus StudioLive.
- We output the final mix on the RME MADIface XT via analog (XLR L/R).
- We're using high quality coax cables for MADI connection.
This is the settings dialog for MADIface:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/626eesouidvtg … 2.png?dl=0
Do you have any idea where the problem is coming from and how we can fix it?