Topic: No sound on headphone outputs (3/4)

Hallo, I have the ADI-2 Pro in USB mode and I would like to use separate outputs, one for the main output and one for the headphones (3/4).
But I can't get any sound out of the phones output. I have tried everything.
Maybe I'm missing something. Can anybody please help?
Also, I have no settings for the phones in options under Basic Mode. The next entry is CC-Mode. No settings for the phones.
I have the latest firmware just updated before this post.

Thank you!

2 (edited by ramses 2021-03-23 23:04:30)

Re: No sound on headphone outputs (3/4)

Hmm .. this is really sparse information, is once again World Savings Day  wink

Sorry, but "Latest" firmware is no valid version .. please use explicit version numbers, because  a) you might be wrong .. b) with the release of a new version this information is wrong and makes support harder or confuses ppl when reading it later.

Few questions come to my mind to get an overview about your setup
What computer (HW, e.g. CPU, mainboard, chipset) ?
What OS and version ?
Did you install the RME ASIO driver, if yes which version ?
Do you see USB errors in the driver settings ?
Did you try all other USB2/USB3 ports on your computer ?
Did you try another USB cable ? How long is your USB cable ?

And in what situation does the problem happen, how do you try to play audio ?
What application do you use for playing sound ?
What driver are you using in the application (Windows Driver or ASIO driver ... ?!)
With Windows you have the choice to either install the ASIO driver or not....

Please describe the exact steps that are needed to reproduce your problem.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Okay, thank you for the answer!
I will give you some information as far as I have.
The firmware version is: USB - 249, DSP - 98 and Fallback USB 174
This is the latest I could get here just before making the post as I said already.

I have a Mac Pro 2013 with an Intel Xeon E5 12-Core 2.7 GHZ processor.
My OS is macOS Catalina.
There is no ASIO Driver for the ADI-2 Pro as far as I know. It is class compliant.
I see no USB errors.
The interface is working fine, just not the phone 3/4 output.
The USB cable is 2 meters long and the cable is directly connected to one of the four USB ports of the Mac Pro 2013.
It is happening always. That means when I want to play sound, either with my daw Logic Pro X, or with Ableton Live or with a media Player. I can#T get any sound out of the headphone outputs.

I am using Core Audio from Apple obviously since I'm on a class compliant USB interface.

Reproducing the steps is easy: Connect RME-ADI2 Pro, switch it on, play audio for example in Logic Pro X or in Ableton Live or with any other multi output media player. Switch to Phones 3/4 outputs in the software. No sound.

Thanks for any further help!

Thanks for this information, so somebody with solid Apple background should support you with this.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

> Switch to Phones 3/4 outputs in the software

What software? Is the ADI in multichannel mode?

Get the latest manual and you won't miss menus that don't exist anymore:

http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2profsr_e.pdf

Note that the Phones 3/4 Source is set in I/O, not Setup.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you very much, Mr. Carstens. The last sentence helped to find the solution. I didn't know that I had to switch the source for the phones output to USB 3/4 here. It was at Auto.
One word for the manual: tl;dr roll Maybe I will go through the 100 sites in my next life...

A little tip for mac users.
When you have a text open, a pdf or any text and you want to look for something specific, there is a trick :
Press command + F (finding something)
And a search field shows up.
There you can type in a keyword ( SPDIF, witchbroom, bitch-mode) whatever you are looking for and then it shows you the place inside the text where it is.
No need to read the entire 100 pages if you have an idea what you are looking for.
To close it with my kindest words, I am not willing to wish others ass, not in this life and not in a fantasy-next-life.
RTFM (read the fakin manual !)

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue