Topic: Totalmix only routes Sound to output after I touch the ruler

Hey community,

I have a strange problem with my Babyface // Totalmix Setup. After every start up I have to touch the ruler of the Hardware Input AN1/2 now, otherwise the sound won't arrive at the Main and I cant hear anything. Any way to solve this?

Here a video, where the sound only arrives after I touch the ruler and move it a bit.

https://imgur.com/a/TQVzRuR

Thanks for your help!

Best regards
oldedge

2 (edited by ramses 2021-04-15 08:38:18)

Re: Totalmix only routes Sound to output after I touch the ruler

Looks like the usual / expected behaviour in submix mode.

On the bottom row of TM FX you control the volume for the different HW outputs aka "submixes".
With the faders of the top and middle row your create the submix, "how many of this and that" you want to hear through the selected HW output / submix.

The fader of the middle row - SW playback channels (all audio from PC) - I would leave at 0dB.
I would only touch it if you need to create a "complex" submix of different HW inputs and SW playback channels.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Totalmix only routes Sound to output after I touch the ruler

Your levels are way too low to get a clear view of the effect. Monitors too sensitive?

If the sound is really cut after start do a Total Reset in the Options menu, redo your mixing setup, and choose the desired option in the Preferences regarding the 'Do not load' option.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME