1 (edited by Atardecer 2021-04-21 06:58:50)

Topic: Streaming DAW audio through Zoom & ARC

Hi there,

I've just recently got an RME AIO Pro and the ARC USB controller. One thing that's really important for me to set up for is being able share my DAW output through Zoom and the like for client meetings and such (composer here).

I've been looking at some of the tutorials about how to set up the TotalMix for this purpose (loopback and such):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_DMIwiy1ug

Still getting my head around it but from what I gathered in order to do this I will be effectively be rendering the ARC functionality useless, as the main encoder cannot control channel fader volumes, only the control room? So would not be able to use it as a volume controller? Or how do I set this up in order to make this happen?

I could use some help to get my around it and ELI5, and whether working this way is possible or not with the ARC.

Thanks

Windows 10 Pro
i7-6900K 3.20GHz
64gb RAM, All SSDs
RME HDSPe AIO Pro

Re: Streaming DAW audio through Zoom & ARC

The rotary knob controls the fader of the main out.
The main out can be grouped together with other faders (or one other fader) in Totalmix.
8 Snapshots can be stored with individual fadergroups.
The snapshots have their buttons on the ARC for loading them.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by Atardecer 2021-04-21 08:35:45)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. My understanding of the linked video is Main Out is assigned to None and AN 1-2 is looped back, and the Control Room is not used, so cant see how to group it. On PC, FWIW.

I'm lost on how to set this up

Windows 10 Pro
i7-6900K 3.20GHz
64gb RAM, All SSDs
RME HDSPe AIO Pro

Atardecer wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. My understanding of the linked video is Main Out is assigned to None and AN 1-2 is looped back, and the Control Room is not used, so cant see how to group it. On PC, FWIW.

I'm lost on how to set this up

...Main Out is assigned to None and AN 1-2 is looped back.
exactly !
The grouping of the faders and to store the snapshots should be done on the computer.
You have to memorize the snapshot number and its fadergroup to work later on the ARC.

You already have understand the concept from watching the video, therefor your zoom conference will run soon under your control.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Well I guess I need to read up on fader grouping and such because I still dont get it. I know this needs to be done, but I dont know how to do it.

Windows 10 Pro
i7-6900K 3.20GHz
64gb RAM, All SSDs
RME HDSPe AIO Pro