Topic: ADI2-Pro FS in 8ch version ?

Hello,

i am a big RME fan with lots of interface since Multiface I.

I working in Mastering and would need a 6 better 8 channel
Interface with the quality of the ADI-2 pro Fs.

Don´t like to hook 4 interfaces to AES-32 card.

So my question:

Will there be ever a 8channel interface with USB, totalmix,
at the quality as ADI2-pro fs ?

thanks & greetings

Andreas

Re: ADI2-Pro FS in 8ch version ?

junoman wrote:

If you don’t need all of the home-audio related features, what about the UFX+ ?!

3 (edited by ramses 2021-05-05 07:20:50)

KaiS wrote:
junoman wrote:

If you don’t need all of the home-audio related features, what about the UFX+ ?!

Well, if technical data / measurements is of great importance to him, then the ADI-2 Pro FS R BE scores better. You also have four reference levels for AD and DA.

The question is whether this litte measurable "difference" is actually noticeable in any form in practice. But he would have to and should indeed try it out, because that would otherwise be a very nice solution to consider the UFX+.

However, it is not known whether he is not already using other devices as his main recording interface, but in all likelihood they could well be replaced with the UFX+ nicely as well (probably).

And then the combination of UFX+ and ADI-2 Pro FS R BE would be very recommendable to get some of the ADI-2 Pro specific features into the setup for the main monitor / headphones.

This brings me to the following ideas:

1. UFX+ and ADI-2 Pro FS in combination
    Then you have a very good and flexible combination of products.
    Use perhaps the ADI-2 Pro for main phones and main monitors
    And then on the UFX+ you have even two more excellent phones outputs, 8x analog I/O, AES, 2xADAT, MADI

The ADI-2 Pro FS R BE you can combine very nicely with the UFX+ like described in this blog article https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … our-Setup/

Or

2.  combination of MADI or AVB capable recording interface and either M-1610 or M32-Pro DA ?
     Both converter support AVB and MADI and allows in an AVB network the integration of MADI devices.
     With those devices you would also have some spare channels.
     The DB-25 Tascam plugs could also be helpful depending on your environment whether you work with a patchbay or not.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

4 (edited by junoman 2021-05-05 08:43:41)

Hi
and many thanks for the replies.

Perhaps my post was not 100% clear.

i like to have 6-8ch DA with the quality of ADI-2 pro fs be

and

2/4/8 channels AD with also the same(best quality) RME can offer in one box.

thanks & greetings

Andreas

5 (edited by ramses 2021-05-05 08:56:53)

I understood your wish and RME will certainly monitor this forum and listen to your demand.

But there is no such product in the catalog and as you might know, like with any other vendor,
new or planned products will not be communicated upfront for obvious reasons.

Sometimes you can't "bake" the devices the way you want them to be, so you might have to get a little creative ;-)

Therefore KaiS and me tried to offer you alternatives. If this is nothing for you, fair enough, your decision, at least we tried wink

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

6 (edited by vinark 2021-05-05 10:53:54)

You can connect 4 adi2's of you choice, maybe 1 adi pro and 3 adi2's to a digiface usb. Will give you totalmix and 8 in/outs now. All will have fs no jitter.
You can even expand as you go starting with 2 or 3 adi's

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

7 (edited by KaiS 2021-05-06 06:19:53)

junoman wrote:

Perhaps my post was not 100% clear.

i like to have 6-8ch DA with the quality of ADI-2 pro fs be

and

2/4/8 channels AD with also the same(best quality) RME can offer in one box

Your request is clear, so:

• The best “one box”-solution is RME UFX+.
You can connect a number of ADI-2 DACs to (slightly) improve DA-quality.

• The very best AD-conversion quality is offered in ADI-2 Pro only.
To go this route an AES or SPDIF / Optical interface, i.e. the RME HDSPe AES card (TotalMix FX) or the RME Digiface USB (TotalMix) is needed to connect a number of those.
This incorporates best quality DA, too.

These are the options on the table.

8 (edited by MetalHeadKeys 2021-05-06 04:19:54)

KaiS wrote:

i.e. the RME HDSPe AES card (TotalMix FX) or the RME Digiface USB (TotalMix)...

Hello, KaiS !
You 're, absolutely, right about this!

Just a small clarification for other people(not familiar with TMFX) reading the thread,
TotalMixFX has become the full name of TotalMix, irregardless of the FX section being implemented, or not.
There are not two versions of TotalMix, only TotalMixFX!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

9 (edited by KaiS 2021-05-06 11:48:12)

MetalHeadKeys wrote:
KaiS wrote:

i.e. the RME HDSPe AES card (TotalMix FX) or the RME Digiface USB (TotalMix)...

Hello, KaiS !
You 're, absolutely, right about this!

Just a small clarification for other people(not familiar with TMFX) reading the thread,
TotalMixFX has become the full name of TotalMix, irregardless of the FX section being implemented, or not.
There are not two versions of TotalMix, only TotalMixFX!

You‘re right about the naming, which is a bit unfortunate due to a unified software package.

The difference comes from this, quote from RME website:

“ Like all the latest RME interfaces, the Digiface USB also includes the powerful digital real-time mixer TotalMix FX. It allows for practically unlimited mixing and routing operations, with all inputs and playback channels simultaneously, to any hardware outputs. The Digiface USB does not have a DSP, so there are no FX available. Still it includes a dedicated Control Room section with Talkback, Main/Phones, fader groups, mute groups, complete remote controllability via Mackie or OSC protocol, and much more.”

TotalMix FX without FX ...

10 (edited by MetalHeadKeys 2021-05-07 02:02:53)

KaiS wrote:

The difference comes from this, quote from RME website:

“ Like all the latest RME interfaces, the Digiface USB also includes the powerful digital real-time mixer TotalMix FX. It allows for practically unlimited mixing and routing operations, with all inputs and playback channels simultaneously, to any hardware outputs. The Digiface USB does not have a DSP, so there are no FX available. Still it includes a dedicated Control Room section with Talkback, Main/Phones, fader groups, mute groups, complete remote controllability via Mackie or OSC protocol, and much more.”

TotalMix FX without FX ...

Yeah, that's why I said that you 're, absolutely, right!!

I meant no offense to you and in no way implied that you overlooked anything!
Your answer was clear and helpful, in the context of the thread!

It was about the naming, that I felt it needed a small additional clarification, so that other people(unfamiliar with TMFX) wouldn 't get confused.

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632