Topic: ADI-2 DAC FS not detected by Windows 10 anymore

Hi
After reinstalling the driver (uninstalling the old one and installing the new one) Windows cannot see my DAC any more. There is no difference with or without Madiface driver installed. It works in another PC where the driver wasn't reinstalled. It also works in a Mac. I guess something happened in the re-installation process. What can it be?
Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been covered somewhere else on this forum. I searched but couldn't find any similar problem described.

Re: ADI-2 DAC FS not detected by Windows 10 anymore

Hi all,

I still have this problem. Is there anyone who can give me a suggestion what it could be and what I can do?

Cheers

Check Device Manager. Is the DAC not seen at all? Did you try a different USB port at that computer?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The settings on MADIface must be: maximum sample rate 384000hz and maximum buffer size 4096 samples. Any larger setting will make adi 2 disappear as a sound card in windows.I faced the same problem, it took me a long time to realize. Roon and audirvana went anyway to dsd 256 even if adi 2 [I have adi 2 pro fs BE] was not seen in windows. It seems that they do not use windows but directly ASIO driver.

marius1965 wrote:

The settings on MADIface must be: maximum sample rate 384000hz and maximum buffer size 4096 samples. Any larger setting will make adi 2 disappear as a sound card in windows.I faced the same problem, it took me a long time to realize. Roon and audirvana went anyway to dsd 256 even if adi 2 [I have adi 2 pro fs BE] was not seen in windows. It seems that they do not use windows but directly ASIO driver.

Thanks ran into this, it helped

I also ran into this problem sometimes... not every times

My settings are within the suggested Max values.

Previously never have this problem so far until the latest update of driver n firmware !

Really hoping RME can do something about it.