Topic: Tears in my eyes

Hi there, greetings from Budapest!

A long time ago, I was dreaming about an AKAI GX-F71 (it’s a tape deck) and 30 years ago this dream came true, at the first listening of the Akai I had tears in my eyes…

Since then, I switched to PC as music source and used different M-Audio and Topping DACs. Last December, on a local music forum, a guy offered an RME ADI-2 DAC for sale, almost new. I wasn’t even dream about it in the actual financial conditions. Without too much thinking I jumped on it and bring it home.

At unpacking I had goose bumps from the user manual, it showed huge respect from RME for its users.

Later: PC USB to RME - power up - Hifiman HE560 connected – Dire Straits-Love Over Gold DSD loaded – press play … and then, tears in my eyes!

It was a moment I will never forget and I want to say “Thank You RME!”

I’m a happy user since, it’s almost magic what this little box can do.

Re: Tears in my eyes

Great, I'm happy for you. Nice contribution :-)

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

One of the first tunes I put on my RME DAC was "Better Off Alone" by Alice Deejay (don't pretend you don't know it!) and hearing the long delay on the opening notes for the first time made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I knew this was a SERIOUS bit of kit.

Sandor,

Indeed, Thank You for your nicely worded comments.   RME invests heavily of their Time, Talent, and Treasure in the design, and development of their Products.   Your nice comments will surely be well-received. 

Welcome to the RME Family!   We're happy you're here.

Best Regards,

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes