Topic: Cannot switch remote with ADI-2 Pro FS R from ADI-2 DAC control

Just received my ADI-2 Pro FS R BE to replace a FF400 I've been using for 12 years for mastering. Certainly a very major upgrade. The display makes it much easier to navigate round the multiple inputs & outputs.

I've just encountered a problem that does not appear to have been raised before as far as I can tell from browsing the forum. As delivered the included remote is setup to control the ADI-2 DAC and has to be re-programmed to control the ADI-Pro FS R BE. I followed the procedure given in the latest user guide to no avail, with and without a USB connection.
I'd be grateful for any advice on how to do the change.

Thanks

Re: Cannot switch remote with ADI-2 Pro FS R from ADI-2 DAC control

So far the manual (and the rear of the remote) provide more details than your post. What exactly is happening and not working when?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

OK
I followed the sequence listed on the back of the remote:
- I pressed SEL until the green flashing light stoped leaving solid green
- Then pressed button 2, which had no effect (I repeated this for long and short duration presses). No sign of the LED turning orange
I then read the Para 9 in the instruction book which had exactly the same instructions but with a footnote to ensure 'Remap Keys must be set to Remote' So I checked this within the SETUP - Options however there did not seem to be an entry ' - Remap Keys /Diagnosis', only 'Remap Keys/SPDIF'. The entry for this was already set to 'Remote'

I repeated all the above after turning off the unit, removing the USB connection and restarting the unit. The results were identical - no orange LED.

I'd appreciate advice on anything further I should do.

If the LED does not turn to orange the logical conclusion is that button number 2 on your remote does not work at all. Can you push button 3 for red or 4 for blue?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by DavidL 2021-05-12 19:58:49)

Yes, pressing '3' does cause the LED to go red and pressing '4' does cause the LED to go blue.

So I need a replacement remote? I hope it is only necessary to return the remote to the retailer, not the whole unit.

Thanks for the quick response.

The plot thickens ................

The retailer Gear4music in the UK were very helpful in trying to sort out the faulty remote. They offered to either replace the whole unit or just the remote. I have now completed my first use of the comprehensive analogue & digital I/O modes available on the ADI-2 Pro FS R BE. I'm very impressed with the unit's capabilities and keen to use it in anger. I had therefore gratefully accepted Gear4musics second option, which I was told would take 3 weeks rather than 5-10 days to replace the whole unit. I've been using a Fireface 400 for 12 years - this does not have a remote control and I can't say Ive ever missed this feature - so I can continue working as before without any problems.

Today I got an email from Gear4music which stated:
"We regret to inform you that our spare parts department have advised that we unfortunately wouldn't be able to source this item from the supplier, for which we sincerely apologise."

To say I was stunned is an understatement. The ADI-2 Pro FS R BE is a top-of-the-line product in the RME offerings. Have they no spares for the remote? I did note that the remote says "MADE IN CHINA" on the reverse in contrast to the main unit states made in Germany. Is there a shipping problem from China? Have RME no interim solution to this shortage? For example sourcing an alternative programmable remote that could be set to cover the ADI-2 DAC and the ADI-2 Pro FS R.

I have also informed RME support directly. I will be interested to see their reaction.

I had an amazingly fast response on 20 May from the RME Operations Manager Germany (at 14.22) & from the UK distributor (at 16.00) following my posts here and to RME support, Germany at 14.50 on Thursday 20 May.

A replacement remote arrived from the UK distributor at 14.00 today. This remote works fine.

Excellent service, many thanks to both. This level of service is hard to beat. I'm glad I decided to buy the RME ADI-2 Pro FS R BE.

8 (edited by agolp 2021-12-11 15:18:33)

Hi,

I'm reopening this thread because I have a similar issue with my remote with the ADI-2 PRO FS R BE.
When I press SEL until the LED lights constantly, and then press 2, the LED flashes red or orange (I'm not sure, I'm colorblind) then blue, then turns off. That also happens when I stop pressing SEL without pushing any other button, or when I press any other number after SEL.

I already tried updating the device to the latest firmware. Any idea?

(Setup > Options > SPIDIF / Remap Keys > Remap Keys is set to Remote)

New battery...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the very quick answer! You were right, the battery was not put well in place.

My LEGO solving skills are getting rusty, I had trouble putting everything in the right place big_smile
But now it works perfectly, thank you!