Topic: My kid pressed some buttons and now the volume is very silent

I just got the unit and have not fully understood all functions. I way playing music fine at -16db, the default volume level.

My kid pressed some buttons, and now I need to turn up the volume to +4db to get the same output.

Is there some kind of “volume boost” that he turned off by mistake?

He only touched it for a few seconds, so must be easy to fix?

Hope anyone can help.

Thanks

2 (edited by fisico 2021-05-13 12:43:52)

Re: My kid pressed some buttons and now the volume is very silent

Since it's difficult to know which settings have been changed, maybe the simplest way is to perform a factory reset. from pag.11 of the user manual:

Returning to Factory State
In case a total reset is desired: hold encoder 1 and the VOL button pushed while turning on the unit. This will reset all current settings to factory default. User-stored Setups and EQ presets are not affected. The same action is performed by loading Factory via Setup Select. Note that the reset will be incomplete when the unit is connected to USB while performing the reset.

Sounds like the Dim switch was pressed, which is a reduction of 20dB. I think there may be a button on the remote that is factory assigned to Dim.

Oh! And whenever I mess something up I always blame it on the wife and kids as well ; )

Rme Ucx + Rme Adi-2 Dac Fs

Rodney_Ferguson_75 wrote:

Oh! And whenever I mess something up I always blame it on the wife and kids as well ; )

LOL

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you both. Both answers helped me out!