1 (edited by Jort 2021-05-14 16:42:55)

Topic: Treble encoder not working?

Hey everyone,

I received my brand new RME ADI-2 today.
I read through the manual before installing the latest drivers, rebooting my PC and hooking everything up.

Everything seems to be working and sounding great, except I'm having one particular issue.
I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but for one reason or another, encoder 2 (the bottom one for treble) does not seem to respond to rotational input.

I can press it and it will cycle through the state overview, spectral analyzer, etc., but rotating it during normal playback doesn't adjust the treble or do anything at all.
The top encoder does work to adjust bass as expected.

I can use the function keys and use the top encoder to navigate through the pages, but I can't use the bottom encoder to navigate through sub pages or change any of the settings. It does however register the actual press, so I can navigate up/down, just not left/right.

Am I missing something, or could there be a firmware issue or a defect?
I'm on RME MADIface driver version 0.9735 hardware revision 34, and am using the IEM output.
I have also tried to reset to factory settings by keeping encoder 1 and volume pressed in while turning on, but this also doesn't seem to fix the issue..

Re: Treble encoder not working?

Looks like a true hardware defect to me, from your very clean description of the symptoms.

Yes. Please return the unit.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for confirming, I will request an RMA.

Just thought I'd post an update.
I sent the unit in for RMA, the store owner where I bought it was very understanding and confirmed the issue.
I just got my replacement in today, and everything is working perfectly now.

Really enjoying the sound quality and feature set, excited to delve into the options and listen to more music. Thanks again everyone smile