Topic: XTC and 12Mic on a MADI bus
Because of this thread I question myself, what a "best practise setup" from RME perspecitive.
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 00#p171000
[ optimized for yes/no replies as a time saver for you ]
Is in a serial MADI setup the order of devices important, when having a mix of MADI devices
- with and without extended MADI features (Auto-ID, Auto-CA) and
- which follow or break the 8-port scheme ?
Given example setup: 3x XTC, 1x12Mic in a serial setup.
What is the best setup / order of devices for a "best practise" approach with amen from RME ?
Is it correctly assumed that
1. delay compensation still would be useful for the three XTC so that they stay sample synchron to each other ?
2. the three XTC need to be in one block cabled (not with a 12Mic between them) for delay compensation to work:
"12Mic-XTC-XTC-XTC" or "XTC-XTC-XTC-12Mic", but NOT XTC-12Mic-XTC-XTC ?
3. channel assignmet/mapping on a MADI device is independend from it's position in the serial MADI setup ?
Would this be a valid setup and what would happen: 12Mic-XTC-XTC-XTC, Auto-CA enabled on all XTCs.
I assume that:
4. XTC1 - XTC3 get MADI ID 1-3 for Delay Compensation
5. Auto Channel Assignment would map them to MADI channels 1-8, 9-16, 17-24
6. 12Mic - although being the 1st in the serial MADI setup - can be configured to use MADI channels 25-36
And in terms of delay compensation for the XTC ...
7. The XTCs are sample synchron to each other no matter whether 12Mic is at the front or the end.
8. Delay Synchronisation is not achieveable between XTCs and 12Mic
Although Delay Synchonisation is not achieveable between XTC and 12Mic..
9. Is it possible to minimize audio runtime differences between 12Mic and the "block of 3 synchronized XTCs"
by putting 12Mic either as 1st or last device on this serial setup ?
10. Or is it the same to either have "12Mic-3xXTC" or "3xXTC-12Mic" ?
Especially on the last questions I am struggeling in terms of the timing, what has most advantages interms of sample synchony.
Would be very kind and useful to get a guidance from RME as more and more customers will have such a mixed setup, many thanks.
UFX+, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1650v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub12Pro