Topic: USB output to DAC not working

I am using an ADI-2 Pro FS R to convert analog inputs to PCM.  I have no problems outputting through optical or ADAT to my DAC (Chord DAVE), and I have no problem connecting my laptop via USB and using VinylStudio to record from the USB output, in any sample rate, both PCM and DSD. 

Now I am trying to output PCM out of the ADI to the Chord DAC, and the Chord DAC is not seeing any data coming over (or at least nothing that it recognizes).  I have tried outputting every sample rate, in both PCM and DSD. The Chord Dave supports 44.1 to 768 and DSD64 to DSD256 via USB, so I would have thought that 44.1 would work if nothing else.

Is this not supported?  I am using the same settings that I use to output to the laptop/VinylStudio.  I have tried both USB mode and AD/DA as well.

Thanks

Re: USB output to DAC not working

John,

Am I missing something?   Why are we trying to do D/A Conversion with another DAC?

I trust that You ARE aware that your ADI-2 Pro boasts what is perhaps the finest D/A performance possible with 2021 Technology?

Problem Solved.

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

Re: USB output to DAC not working

My digital sources go through a Chord MScaler, which upscales to 768k, then passes to the Dave DAC.  I use the Dave directly to my amps (I use it as a preamp), but it does not have analog inputs.  I have a turntable that I am running to the RME to do A/D conversion, which then passes the digital signal to the Dave.