1 (edited by ramses 2024-01-28 17:08:07)

Topic: The new RME UCX II - wow !

@Matthias, RME: I really have to compliment you on this, it's a real eye-catcher !!

Feature-wise and from the technical specs the new UCX II

• looks more like the smaller and more compact version of the RME UFX II, than the big brother of the Fireface UCX ;-)

• gives you a lot of additional, very useful features for only ~€200 more (a real gem and powerhouse)

• allows you to buy this more compact and less expensive device to get the preamp quality of an UFX II and DURec

• allows you to connect an ADI-2 Pro FS R BE (if you want the special features that it offers) and still to be able connect external devices like preamps and/or AD/DA converter through ADAT

• AD is AK5558, DA is AK4458 (info from RME on audiosciencereview.com forum)

See Official Product page: https://www.rme-audio.de/fireface-ucx-ii.html and manuals:
https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fface_ucx2_e.pdf (EN)
https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fface_ucx2_d.pdf (DE)

Additional/upgraded features

• Mic inputs with preamp technology of UFX II allowing high input levels up to +18 dBu and with a gain range of 75 dB (awesome!)

• Instrument inputs with input impedance of 1MOhm

• Very low converter latencies of only 5/6 samples (AD/DA)

• DURec with RTC (Real Time Clock) for timestamps in DURec files. This is extremely nice, many thanks for that RME !!!

• New high resolution clear colour display with four keys and encoder (looks beautiful)

• Additional AES I/O, 2x2 more useful I/O ports, thus 40ch interface (vs UCX: 36)

• SteadyClock FS (Femto Second clock)

• Full operability in stand-alone mode due to the new display (like UFX II / UFX+)

• MIDI I/O this time with real plugs at the back of the unit (without breakout cable)

• All of the Fireface UCX II’s line-level outputs are fully DC-coupled

• DURec USB port allows for direct connection of either recording medium for DURec or ARC-USB (USB hub to connect both is not possible)

• Hi-power low impedance headphone output

• FX chip

• AutoSet

• CC (Class Compliant) audio

Features

• 20 Input / 20 Output channels

• 8 x Analog I/O

• 2 x Mic/Line Preamps and 2x Line/Instrument inputs (digitally controlled)

• ADAT I/O and via breakout cable: AES/EBU and SPDIF I/O

• Wordclock I/O (switchable termination via driver settings dialog)

• MIDI I/O

• USB 2.0 (USB 3 compatible)

Link to Excel to compare RME FW/USB/TB recording interfaces, see this sticky posting:
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=35156

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ykpe41swqxecvkc/2021-06-01%20UCX2-front.jpg?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpf5p32i0msdxgp/2021-06-01%20UCX2-back.jpg?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wexr211rw76fmbc/2021-06-01%20UCX2-TMFX.jpg?dl=1

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: The new RME UCX II - wow !

Official Site
https://www.rme-audio.de/de_fireface-ucx-ii.html

3 (edited by waedi 2021-06-01 10:05:01)

It's a Beauty !
And probably tomorrow sold-out ?

How is Word Clock I/O working with only one BNC connector ?
I am more than happy to see when BNC connectors are disappearing, they are always in the way, scratching the hands etc.

Edit :
Now the user manuals is online and the question with the BNC connector is answered, it is a dual-function connector.
In the settings dialog switchable WC-input or output.
That is great !

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

4 (edited by ramses 2021-06-01 10:46:14)

waedi wrote:

How is Word Clock I/O working with only one BNC connector ?

As usual. By using T-connectors and 75 Ohm resistors where needed. At the end points you usually need a 75 ohm termination which is either being delivered by the device or not, in this case switchable by the RME driver settings dialog.

https://www.thomann.de/de/damar_hagen_1_1353_2174_1.htm
https://www.thomann.de/de/damar_hagen_1 … 3120_1.htm

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

All of the Fireface UCX II’s line-level outputs are fully DC-coupled

Finally!

A big + compared to FF400 or UCX. For those who use CV, of course.

Front panel control should make this an ideal Linux interface, as it is class compliant too! Still, no TotalMix or DigiCheck on Linux, but maybe someone will surprise us.

Me wants one... big_smile

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

Which DAC and ADC chip models it uses?

@RME

Congrats!!! Looking awesome!!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

8 (edited by torbenscharling 2021-06-02 21:16:02)

That looks like a powerful little box... A bit cluttered with the added text and logo below the RME logo, but at least the buttons and layout is simple tried and tested, should make a lot of people happy. Only thing I think missing is 2 independent headphone outputs

cyrano wrote:

All of the Fireface UCX II’s line-level outputs are fully DC-coupled

Finally!

A big + compared to FF400 or UCX. For those who use CV, of course.

Front panel control should make this an ideal Linux interface, as it is class compliant too! Still, no TotalMix or DigiCheck on Linux, but maybe someone will surprise us.

Me wants one... big_smile

What is CV?

I’m definitely buying one of these when released in the US and Canada

Google CV/Gate - tons of hits. I also added a mini chapter 20.3 about it in the new manual 1.2 (online already).

http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fface_ucx2_e.pdf

German:

http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fface_ucx2_d.pdf

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

sberry2018 wrote:

I am also very interested in this! Which DAC and ADC chip models it uses?

12 (edited by ramses 2021-06-03 13:01:46)

@RME: is it correct, that loopback has been implemented pre-fader ? From the block diagram on page 82 it looks like this.

Was not 100% sure whether the symbol for the volume button also includes the mute function, but this seems to be the case. Just compared this with the UFX+ manual where the implementation was post-fader and yes indeed, there in the block diagram the routing of the audio signal starts behind the volume symbol.

If somebody wonders what this is all about .. The "pre-fader" implementation allows to mute connected active monitors without affecting the loopback operation, otherwise you would have to disconnect the cables of the active monitors, which of course would not be so convenient.

13 (edited by ramses 2021-06-03 13:18:27)

@RME: If I understood correctly the DURec port can be used alternatively for connecting an ARC USB.

Would it be possible to use something like an USB hub to connect both, USB stick and ARC USB
which would be useful for stand-alone operation ?

Not possible. The UCX II is not a computer, so does not support USB hubs directly.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

15 (edited by marianimusicp 2021-06-05 18:48:58)

MC wrote:

Not possible. The UCX II is not a computer, so does not support USB hubs directly.

Sir, could you please tell me if the UCX2 uses the same converters and preamps as the Babyface Pro FS? Or does UCX 2 use different converters / mic pre's?

16 (edited by ramses 2021-06-05 12:18:00)

marianimusicp wrote:
MC wrote:

Sir, could you please tell me if the UCX2 uses the same converters as the Babyface Pro FS? Or does UCX 2 use different converters?

Updated link:
You can compare technical data with this Excel or by looking into manual chapters containing technical information:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/index.ph … -04b-xlsx/

You find the latest version in my blog article here:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … B-MADIfac/

Technical data of both interfaces are not far from each other. Why do you ask ?

17 (edited by marianimusicp 2021-06-04 15:03:25)

Thanks for the info, I've already read your blog. You did a good job.

But I would like to hear a response from an official member of the RME team. Because I have been waiting for the UCX II for 4 years, and I believe that I have the right to know what converters and preamps this model is equipped with. The same in the Babyface Pro FS?

I think that there is nothing strange in my question, since people usually ask questions to manufacturers about their product and get an answer. I specially registered on the official RME forum to ask this question.

ramses wrote:
marianimusicp wrote:
MC wrote:

Sir, could you please tell me if the UCX2 uses the same converters as the Babyface Pro FS? Or does UCX 2 use different converters?

You can compare technical data with this Excel or by looking into manual chapters containing technical information:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/index.ph … 1-06-xlsx/

You find the latest version in my blog article here:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … B-MADIfac/

Technical data of both interfaces are not far from each other. Why do you ask ?

18 (edited by ramses 2021-06-04 13:35:57)

marianimusicp wrote:

Thanks for the info, I've already read your blog. You did a good job.

But I would like to hear a response from an official member of the RME team. Because I have been waiting for the UCX II for 4 years, and I believe that I have the right to know what converters this model is equipped with. The same in the Babyface Pro FS? And I would also like to know what preamps it is equipped with.

I think that there is nothing strange in my question, since people usually ask questions to manufacturers about their product and get an answer. I specially registered on the official RME forum to ask this question.

Thank you, you're welcome ;-) I just wanted to know if I could help you with something else.

19 (edited by mr.r 2021-06-04 14:57:18)

I have a question related to the power supply. I was waiting for the UCXII. I still use a Multiface via pcie and it's very handy that it's powering off automatically with the computer when powering it just via bus-power without an external power supply.

I had hoped that it's possible to use the UCXII without an external power supply powered by usb-c for example.

How do you handle this with the UCXII or UCX?  Do you have to power/unpower the UCX before starting the computer and after turning it off? Or does the it detect that the host computer is off and is going into standby, and turning itself on as soon as the computer starts again?

Any chance to use the totalFX EQ with more than 3 bands as a room eq now? Either by having more bands or by using two EQs on one channel ( I don't mind losing an fx slot on another channel for that).

Hello,

Will the RME UCX II work with Usb B to Usb C cable connected to the iMac Usb C port?

Thank you in advance.

Monochromatic wrote:

Will the RME UCX II work with Usb B to Usb C cable connected to the iMac Usb C port?

Yes, can be adapted easily with a USB type B to USB-C cable. There are many manufactures, Belkin, Cable Matters, etc.

Do we have any word on availability to distributors in EU, UK, or USA? How long will it take before folks can buy this unit?

https://www.da-x.de/de/rme-fireface-ucx-ii.html

thanks but they only ship to the EU, was wondering about USA market

26 (edited by rpnfan 2021-06-05 14:11:25)

marianimusicp wrote:

Sir, could you please tell me if the UCX2 uses the same converters as the Babyface Pro FS ? Or does UCX 2 use different converters? And also important quesion about preamps! Does UCX2 use same mic pre's as the Babyface Pro FS?

I guess RME will not answer this question -- which I find a bit strange. But the "no-answer" is very likely because they do not want to commit to use a specific chip. The "old" Babyface Pro FS has AKM converters, but AFAIU are changed to other converters due the shortage in the world-wide market. For the UCX II I am pretty sure that no AKM converters are used due the current situation -- but that might be different in the future when AKM can deliver again? On the other side. Are the converters relevant? As long as the specs are met I would not care about which chip is used actually... :-)

27 (edited by marianimusicp 2021-06-05 18:40:17)

ramses wrote:

Thank you, you're welcome ;-) I just wanted to know if I could help you with something else.

You are very kind Ramses, I appreciate it! Thank you!

rpnfan wrote:

which I find a bit strange.

Perhaps that question seemed strange. There are just a few things I didn't like about the sound of the new BF Pro FS. Therefore, I inquired about the similarity of internal components between BF Fs and UCX2. I didn’t write about what I didn’t like in BF Fs, because there will always be people who, due to the large amount of free time, begin to organize a holy war for which I do not have time. That is why I asked about the similarity of converters and preamps between the two interfaces.

rpnfan wrote:

I guess RME will not answer this question -- which I find a bit strange. But the "no-answer" is very likely because they do not want to commit to use a specific chip. The "old" Babyface Pro FS has AKM converters, but AFAIU are changed to other converters due the shortage in the world-wide market. For the UCX II I am pretty sure that no AKM converters are used due the current situation -- but that might be different in the future when AKM can deliver again? On the other side. Are the converters relevant? As long as the specs are met I would not care about which chip is used actually... :-)

I found answer from RME on another forum.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/foru … -ii.23864/

"AD is AK5558, DA is AK4458. We secured tons of these chips very early so will have no problem to manufacture the units for the forseeable future."

Given the datasheet,  Babyface Pro Fs uses (or has used) AD AK5574 which have better specs than UCX 2 AD AK5558 ?

Here is datasheet:

Babyface Pro Fs AD AK5574 https://kz.micro-semiconductor.hk/datas … 5574EN.pdf   

UCX 2 AD AK5558  https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/1352076/AKM/AK5558/1

AK5558               vs      AK5574
S/(N+D): 106 dB  vs    S/(N+D): 112 dB
DR: 115 dB         vs    DR: 121 dB
S/N: 115 dB        vs    S/N: 121 dB

Even already seen for €1249 street price.

ramses wrote:

@RME: is it correct, that loopback has been implemented pre-fader ? From the block diagram on page 82 it looks like this.

If somebody wonders what this is all about .. The "pre-fader" implementation allows to mute connected active monitors without affecting the loopback operation, otherwise you would have to disconnect the cables of the active monitors, which of course would not be so convenient.

Maybe I have not got the loopback feature right.
Couldn't you just route the loopback to any other output and then there's no problem anyway? But maybe I'm wrong there (?)
Or could you tell another example for the benefit of a prefader loopback?

And what can be the reason for RME to change this?

Thx!

30 (edited by waedi 2021-06-06 21:15:13)

VayouApp wrote:

Maybe I have not got the loopback feature right.
Couldn't you just route the loopback to any other output and then there's no problem anyway? But maybe I'm wrong there (?)
Or could you tell another example for the benefit of a prefader loopback?

Yes you are wrong there because loopback does not loop back into totalmix, it is a routing to a input point in DAWs you can't send the signal inside Totalmix from channel to channel like a slalom parcours via loopback.
Pre-fader loopback would be great.

31 (edited by ramses 2021-06-06 21:24:30)

waedi wrote:

Yes you are wrong because loopback does not loop back into totalmix, it is a routing to a input point in DAWs you can't send the signal inside Totalmix from channel to channel like a slalom parcours via loopback.
Pre-fader loopback would be great.

Sorry, but your explanation of loopback is incomprehensible.

The description of loopback from manual is better understandable: "TotalMix includes an internal loopback function, from the Hardware Outputs to the recording software. Instead of the signal at the hardware input, the signal at the hardware output is sent to the record software. This way, submixes can be recorded without an external loopback cable. Also the playback from a software can be recorded by another software."

I also don't understand your remark "Pre-fader loopback would be great" ... the UCX II has exactly that.

ramses wrote:

The description of loopback from manual is better understandable: "TotalMix includes an internal loopback function, from the Hardware Outputs to the recording software. Instead of the signal at the hardware input, the signal at the hardware output is sent to the record software. This way, submixes can be recorded without an external loopback cable. Also the playback from a software can be recorded by another software."

I also don't understand your remark "Pre-fader loopback would be great" ... the UCX II has exactly that.

ramses, thx for the clarification!
Could you just point out with examples the benefits of the loopback being prefader in the UCX II ? I am rather new and just want to understand it better. (I have the ufx+)

33 (edited by ramses 2021-06-08 08:09:26)

VayouApp wrote:
ramses wrote:

ramses, thx for the clarification!
Could you just point out with examples the benefits of the loopback being prefader in the UCX II ? I am rather new and just want to understand it better. (I have the ufx+)

Did you read my comment in post #12? Maybe best to be read in combination the RME manuals:

a) for pre-fader implementation see UCX II manual ch 27.6 (-> block diagram):
https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fface_ucx2_d.pdf
https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fface_ucx2_e.pdf

b) for post-fader implementation see UFX+ manual ch 27.6 (-> block diagram):
https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fface_ufxplus_d.pdf
https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fface_ufxplus_e.pdf

Or look at this information that I put together for you wink

EDIT: Not that you wonder, I copy/pasted the mute button from TM FX and placed it into the block diagram over the symbol for the output fader to make clear, that with the fader symbol not only the volume is meant, but that also mute is working here. I added the main active monitors to the output on the block diagram to make the diagram more clear.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/er6z3qq7ly30xgp/Loopback%20Pre-Post%20Fader.jpg?dl=1

See also here, I moved this topic to this new thread: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 55#p171655

Thank you Ramses for the great job you're doing, highly appreciated!

BTW, if you guys find sellers with units available, feel free to post the retailer's name here.

sberry2018 wrote:

this.

36 (edited by MetalHeadKeys 2021-07-04 01:34:27)

MC wrote:

Google CV/Gate - tons of hits. I also added a mini chapter 20.3 about it in the new manual 1.2 (online already).

http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fface_ucx2_e.pdf

German:

http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fface_ucx2_d.pdf

Hello, Mr Carstens!

I wasn' t sure if I should open a new thread for this, so I thought this one would be ok, since it 's about the UCX II !

For the UCX II manual, Chapter 5.5 Special Options, page 14:

Under Standalone  ARC  Volume, second paragraph,
text: "This option is also a safety function in case the ARC USB is connected to the UFX+ / UFX II". "UFX+/UFX II" needs to be changed to "UCX II"?

Under Standalone ARC 1 s op
Last line of the paragraph, end of the sentence: "...is automatically deactivated at the UFX+ / UFX II." needs to be changed to "UCX II", as well?

Fixed and Thanks.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

You 're welcome!!

I, also, found this:

Chapter 28.5 MIDI Control, page 87(English version) & page 86(German version)

The note value for the Recall function is "H 6", but I don't know which note value should be correct!  "G6" maybe?

Oh - I did not notice that we use the German musical note H in English - it should be B then. No one ever mentioned that before...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

40 (edited by MetalHeadKeys 2021-07-04 17:26:04)

MC wrote:

No one ever mentioned that before...

Strange, I just noticed it today! I 'll check the other manuals, as well !

MC wrote:

Oh - I did not notice that we use the German musical note H in English - it should be B then.

Wow, I learn something new, everyday! smile
I was not aware, at all, that this difference existed in musical notation using the Latin alphabet!

So, for anyone else that was not aware(like me):   B(German) -> Bb(English)
                                                                                          H(German) -> B(English)

Thank you!!

41 (edited by MetalHeadKeys 2021-07-04 19:48:47)

Ok! I checked! smile

It's the same for all the manuals, so I marked the pages for the English manuals:

MadiFace XT      -> page 90
MadiFace USB    -> p. 62
MadiFace Pro       -> p. 71
BabyFace Pro FS -> p. 71
FireFace UCX       -> p. 85
FireFace UCX II    -> p. 87                p.86(Ger)
FireFace UC         -> p. 77
FireFace 802        -> p. 83
FireFace UFX II    -> p. 82
FireFace UFX+     -> p. 87
DigiFace USB       -> p. 58
DigiFace AVB        -> p. 59
DigiFace Dante    -> p. 57

HDSP 9652         -> p. 64 (no Recall function in the manual)
HDSP 9632         -> p, 73 (no Recall function in the manual)        p.74(Ger)
HDSPe MADI FX -> p. 74
HDSPe MADI       -> p. 66
HDSPe AES         -> p. 65                 p.66(Ger)
HDSPe RayDat   -> p. 66
HDSPe AIO Pro   -> p. 66

So, now that I learned the difference, I noticed that Snapshot 6 corresponds to "B3", for both English and German manuals.
(And that is the english B3, since #A3 is used for Snapshot 5.)

Does Snapshot 6 need to be changed to H3 for the German version?

EDIT: I checked the page numbers for the German manuals, as well.
          The page numbers are the same for both versions, except the ones with the "(Ger)"

42 (edited by torbenscharling 2021-07-06 23:40:47)

Why did they go with AK5558 for this model ?

43 (edited by marianimusicp 2021-07-09 13:05:31)

torbenscharling wrote:

Why did they go with AK5558 for this model ?

I don't understand what's going on at all. We are on the official RME forum asking about the converters that the new UCX 2 is equipped with. Here we are not given an answer, but on a third-party forum, the official RME account answers these questions.

So why the new UCX2 uses lower class AD than those used in the Babyface Pro Fs?

I wouldn't really call that "lower class".... The UC/UCX have always had specs that were a little bit below those of the Babyface Pro on paper, that's nothing new. But esp. with the UCX II, there's hardly any difference any more.
The 5558 seems well suitable, 8 channels in one....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

The UC/UCX have always had specs that were a little bit below those of the Babyface Pro on paper, that's nothing new. ..

I thought the UC / UCX specs was slightly lower than the Babyface Pro because the UC / UCX interfaces were released much earlier than the Babyface Pro (UCX was released in 2012, I suppose?).
Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Got this 3 hours ago. Head still spinning around the endless posibilities big_smile Made me thinking though. ADI 2 DAC and PRO should interface to Totalmix like the UCXII. This is so much better than tinkering with knobs and buttons.

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

47 (edited by Key-Wes 2021-10-11 11:43:57)

Very nice piece of Gear! i am wondering how the preamps sound compared to something like the apollo twin´s. From what i´ve heard through youtube videos, the apollo preamps always sounded a litte darker and not so open in the high´s.

48 (edited by ramses 2021-10-11 12:26:28)

Key-Wes wrote:

Very nice piece of Gear! i am wondering how the preamps sound compared to something like the apollo twin´s. From what i´ve heard through youtube videos, the apollo preamps always sounded a litte darker and not so open in the high´s.

It's not the preamps alone.
When comparing such things then I try to honor the whole offering up to every day operation with the software.

So here my experiences and personal view on this topic:

Apollo follows a completely different concept to bind you to the company and products as much as possble:
a) by the pricey plugins that only run on the shark DSPs (where many people say that they are even not very performant)
b) having to add DSP performance because the DSP power on one interface is quickly exhausted
c) Windows USB support only for the smallest interfaces
d) when comparing the products I see that Apollo interfaces are not designed to have enough digital I/O ports to be able to integrate also 3rd party products its more that you would need to add more and more Apollo products through thunderbolt.
No extension through ADAT, AES, MADI, AVB.

Besides that, once you buy a product you become spammed by their marketing and special prices offer to spend even more money for plugins. Tad a bit too much for my taste. To normal prices you can't buy the plugins, too expensive, so you need to follow the offers very closely.

Rather than that I prefer RME, where you can integrate RME and non-RME components as you like. If you need more I/O ports, then there you can choose from a lot different recording interfaces to find the one with the feature set that machtes your demand most.

Listen to this recording, Gibson L5 CES simply through the Instr inputs of the UFX+:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/index.ph … -320b-mp3/

On the other hand I know that there are a lot of people who like the sound of the plugins through the unison preamps of UAD and the sound of some virtual amps is really cool.

Therefore I tried to integrate an UAD Octo card into my setup, theoretically very nice, but for my taste it was not stable enough (and some other issues), so finally I gave it back: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … CIe-EN-DE/

RME preamps are known for their quality and transparent sound, not altering the sound.
All in all IMHO RME has the better offering for Windows and Apple: stable / performant drivers, long time driver support, a mature mixer software (TotalMix FX), add-on software like DIGIcheck, TotalMix Remote or features like DURec, Autoset, .. This make it a very powerful and round package where you really get somehting great to a justified and still affordable price.

If I need software based devices / effects, then I will continue to buy VST2/3 instruments. For me it's an advantage that you can run them natively on your PC because you can buy a lot of PC performance nowadays to an affordable and acceptable price.

49 (edited by ramses 2021-10-16 09:19:38)

The new Synthax video about the UCX II tells, that it comes packaged with 3rd party plugins.
Is this a special offering from Synthax USA?
https://youtu.be/usv4sIgmBls?t=249

Brainworks Masterdesk is an excellent mastering tool $299 worth, really nice indeed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dr63thhloxqnv7v/2021-10-16%2010_10_55-Fireface%20UCXII%20Overview%20-%20YouTube.jpg?dl=1

ramses wrote:

The new Synthax video about the UCX II tells, that it comes packaged with 3rd party plugins.
Is this a special offering from Synthax USA?
https://youtu.be/usv4sIgmBls?t=249

Brainworks Masterdesk is an excellent mastering tool $299 worth, really nice indeed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dr63thhloxqnv7v/2021-10-16%2010_10_55-Fireface%20UCXII%20Overview%20-%20YouTube.jpg?dl=1

Wow, if THAT would really be true and those Plugins (especially the S-Gear) could be loaded directly into the UCX2, that would be awesome.

I already have the UCX2 and it is the PERFECT Audio Interface for me. Thanks RME, this one will not go away EVER.

Babyface Pro FS +FF 400 used as SPDIF Adat conv. and more inputs.
Waiting for the UCX FS smile