Topic: Fireface UC doesn't work after update

Hi,

I have a Fireface UC USB. Yesterday I did an update of my OSX 11.3->11.4. Since then my soundcard won’t work, it’s plug, Fireface USB setting is launched. Nothing works.
I did everything to re-install all drivers (V3.25). I follow all RME instructions. I wait 2h30 to have the allow button before reboot my computer and also after (because it’s not well explain). This button never came.

I did a lot of reboot, I did your terminal things that is here : https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=30462
All that stuff. Nothing works.

Funniest thing, is when I re-install all drivers. Before reboot I launch my Fireface and it works I can see my sound card in sounds preferences, I can listen my music or work on Ableton Live or Logic. After reboot, it doesn’t works. Fireface driver doesn’t works.
My computer is a laptop MacBook Pro 15inch Retina mid 2014 on OSX 11.4.

I tried terminal stuff in recovery mode. It says : No such file or directory.

Does anyone already had this f***ing issue ?

Btw I really need my soundcard being fonctionnal after reboot because I have work to do and I have a gig planned tomorrow.
Thanks in advance

Re: Fireface UC doesn't work after update

Fun Fact number 2 : This morning I called my local support (as RME Website says) to expose my issue. Answer from the guy : " Sorry I am on Windows so I don't have this issue.Did you delete everything and re-install ?  Why did you do an update while everything was working before ?" 
Many thanks really RME, that's a good choice for a support guy.

I did the same OSX update and use the same driver for audio interfaces without issue.
What you can try, create another user and login there for a test.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

I did it with Apple support (yes because I also called Apple because of the kernel security extension). . Nothing more happened. I'll try right now again.

waedi wrote:

I did the same OSX update and use the same driver for audio interfaces without issue.
What you can try, create another user and login there for a test.

Ok so I did it once again. Same issue. When I install it I can find Fireface in my preferences. After reboot. Nothing.

6 (edited by waedi 2021-05-28 10:29:53)

Important: Check that the correct (PC = Windows, AP = Mac) firmware is loaded by a double- click on the rotary encoder.

May be it has changed by mistake ?

I checked, it is AP on my Fireface.
:'(

I assume you already have checked all different USB ports on the computer, have you changed the cable ?
USB cables can break, USB socket could be lose...?

waedi wrote:

I assume you already have checked all different USB ports on the computer, have you changed the cable ?
USB cables can break, USB socket could be lose...?

Oh yes, I did everything of those things.. sad

It seems to be a Kext trouble ! Does anyone already have this situation ?

Hi, I have the same issue!
I just updated to Mac os 11.4, and installed the driver 3.25, but every time the mac reboots, the babyface pro is gone!!!!!
So, I need to install the driver every time I turn on my Mac!!!!

damien.renel wrote:

Fun Fact number 2 : This morning I called my local support (as RME Website says) to expose my issue. Answer from the guy : " Sorry I am on Windows so I don't have this issue.Did you delete everything and re-install ?  Why did you do an update while everything was working before ?" 
Many thanks really RME, that's a good choice for a support guy.

No idea who you talked to here, but it wasn't me... This thread has possible solutions:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 66#p171266

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi, bro, I think I just resolved this issue, just turn off the System Integrity Protection (SIP) completely.
I tried adding the RME driver manually to the Mac's Trusted List, but it didn't work.

MacOS with M1/M2 processor:
https://www.rme-audio.de/rme-macos.html

Following every step in this tutorial solves the issue (for me at least ^^)