Topic: Fireface driver installation and Big Sur "Allow"

I'm 99% sure this problem didn't start with RME (I love you guys) that in fact it started with a UA installation file. I am however so desperate (Their customer service isn't great!) that I thought I'd post here.

I am running a MacBook Pro 16 inch with Big Sur. It is connected to a Thunderbolt dock from which my Fireface 800 and a UAD Satellite (thunderbolt 2) hang off. Its worked perfectly. I received a "Request firmware update' from UA. Long story short, when I updated the UA and ran the installation it failed and froze my machine. I had to do a hard restart.

Subsequently, my UAD and Fireface no longer are working.

Even when I re-install both applications and get the "Make sure you ALLOW in settings", no longer do I get that option! (Even within the 30 minutes)....It is as if both installations do not trigger the "Allow" option. (I have done the allow "anywhere" option in terminal too no luck"

I have managed to get it to work by every time re-installing the UA app,....strangely my system works despite not going to the final step of "Restart before this works". Both then the RME drivers and UA work. As soon as I restart, BOTH don't work. Even if I now uninstall the UA and only install the RME driver,.....nothing. No "ALLOW" and therefore my 800 (And Babyface USB for that matter as I tried it) work upon restart.

It is as if something is blocking the "ALLOW" option thus preventing the machine from accessing the drivers.

Any help pleas???

Re: Fireface driver installation and Big Sur "Allow"

Described here:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 66#p171266

and following posts. We have a lot of positive feedback in support for this fix.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME